California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

626 drift track events

Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, i missed this tread quite a bit, otherwise i would've made some interesting bad comments towards OP

whoever wants to smack talk to touge stuff, i don't even want to ask them to come to touge, at least beat a touge driver like me on the track

i have way more fun on touge than any track days
Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lap times = NOTHING.

Being able to throw down a good lap does mean you understand the car and the track. HOWEVER, real racing means understanding the other driver's minds as well. Time attack and Qualifying is the only place for a laptime nut. Wheel to wheel racing is where talent really shows through. Lots of people can hit 3pt shots in basketball all day long, now throw someone to guard them and everything changes.

SO many times in open wheel racing I've done the fastest guy of the day in qualifying ends up only top 5 in the race. It sounds like the AE86 guy was out driving you. Your saying he was "stealing" your apex and all when really he was probably smart enough to recognize your weak spot in the turn before and purposely he was setting you up where he wanted you so that he could work you hard in that corner. It sounds like you got a bit of talent when it comes to actual driving, but "RACING" must be developed. I think you'd accelerate best by racing something very underpowered that you can afford to beat up wheel to wheel. I'm not big into touge at all, personally I think the only kind of racing is done wheel to wheel on real tracks. Otherwise what really comes into play is who is willing to risk their lives. I looooove Rally Racing myself, but once again to some degree it comes down to the same issue. People with talent OR people with a lack of respect/care for their safety do well.

I think even some indoor karting could teach you about how to work someone and set them up. There's a lot of benefits to having very limited power and lack of high speed.

of course this is all just my experience/opinion. Everyone likes something different, hell some people like Nascar ..... and one of those people is a friend of mine who's a fully capable driver lol
Old 08-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,May 12 2008, 10:12 AM
So you're going to go to his events and run wheel to wheel in your $30k Evo against a beaten $1500 89 240sx?
exactly!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=ESCALVANTE,May 12 2008, 07:43 PM] I honestly want to attend the next event just to see how this all plays out!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 PM

YOU LOST TO A COROLLA!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAH

they are having another event.
www.626drift.com

you should go prove yourself, bring a few buddies
Old 08-13-2008, 02:24 PM

thats 626drift.com... sorry mang but i think you should have informed yourself a little better before you sign up for that event..just by looking at their main page on their website you can see what type of racing is that they target. i think you should not bash on his parade just because it was not what you expected. next time just dont run. even if you have a 30k s2000 or a 5k corolla it was your choice to run, as you stated you wanted to win, and thats the way that crew runs their track days.
My 2cents.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 PM

wow never posted here before, been here for awhile tho,

i am not hear to argue and have nothing against you, met you at track and you seemed like a nice guy.

let me clear up some stuff here, i am jason the guy that owns that corolla. I was not the one driving the car my buddy john who usually drives an orange fc was driving cuz he broke his car the day before.

i am also not the one hosting 626drift events, a friend named jackson is and im just a staff there.

the corolla is has a 13b rotory putting down 160whp on a 2000lbs car. its not a fast car but its not a slow one.

the guy driving (john) posted a 1:02 during qualifying in the corolla so you did not have the fastest time, and when you heard this you removed your spare and your passenger side seat. this wasnt the most accurate since it was done on a stop watch, but i will do my best to get a lap timer out there this time just to be 100 percent accurate

and as it has been pointed out before, open wheel racing is very different than time attack. so therefore the fastest time did not win at the end of the day.

john, is going to bring his orange fc out to htm again on sept 7th. you can race him for fastest time or open wheel, your choice. cuz to be honest he is way faster in his car than mine

i welcome you to come back for FREE courtesy of the 626 staff since we dont want anyone pissed off or bashing our events.

it was all for good times at track its nothing personal and no one is out to prove anything, it was just a fun day. hope you take that into consideration and come back out on sept and have a good time

-Jason-

Old 08-13-2008, 03:27 PM

wow 626 is generous! all u have to do is go, lose, and whine in the forums to get a free track day? sign me up! lol
Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 PM

Yea if he doesn't jump on that free offer I will! I got a beater teg i'm not scared to scratch up.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:10 PM

dude blkblks2k, u gotta go redeem urself. u talk alot of trash for someone that lost to a corolla. go defend ur honor! hahahaha

Quick Reply: 626 drift track events