California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

3rd Annual Orange County Super Adoption Event

Old 05-31-2009, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Annual Orange County Super Adoption Event

This is the 3rd annual Super Adoption Event at the Irvine Animal Care Center that is scheduled for June 7th from 10AM to 5PM. This is a great event in which pets get a second chance to come home to a loving family.

How can I help?

Please spread the word about this event. Anyone who is looking for a pet or knows someone who does, please let them know about this event. Last year there was over 400 pets that were adopted because of this event. Our goal is to improve beyond those numbers.

Also for this event, there will be a bake sale in which home made cakes, cookies and other delicious deserts will be sold to raise funds to support this event. So if you would like to donate any baked goods please contact me before Saturday June 6 via PM or email.

There is going to be a silent auction in which proceeds will be help support this event. Anything from art work to even baskets full of pet goodies is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

If you would like to volunteer please contact me so I can provide information to how you can help support this event. Volunteer days are June 5th, 6th and 7th(Event day). Due to an overwhelming amount of participants, volunteers are needed to help unload and set up for this event. On June 7th, you also have an opportunity to work with numerous rescue groups and other services. Dog or cat handling experience is desired.

FAQ:

- Is there a cost for admission to the event or parking? No, there is no cost for admission or parking.

- Where is the event located? The event will take place at the Irvine Animal Care Center's facility located at 6443 Oak Canyon Road, Irvine, CA 92618.

- Where do I park for the event? Event visitors can park in the two parking structures across the street from the Irvine Animal Care Center (IACC) and in the parking lot of the adjacent building. Do not park on the street or you will be towed. Handicapped parking will be available in the IACC's parking lot.

- How much is the adoption fee to adopt an animal at the event? Every rescue group and animal shelter present at the event will have their own adoption fees. Please check with the rescue group or animal shelter to find out their adoption fees, what is included in the fee, and what requirements the organization has to adopt the pet.

- Is the IACC offering an adoption discount on their shelter pets for the event? Yes, the IACC will be offering the following discounts on adoptions completed on the event day:

IACC Dogs & Puppies $20 off adoption fee
IACC Cats & Kittens $20 off adoption fee
IACC Rabbits $10 off adoption fee

- How to I get to your facility?
From the 405 Freeway, take the Sand Canyon exit and turn inland;
turn left into Oak Canyon; the shelter will be the second driveway on the right.

From the 5 Freeway, take the Sand Canyon exit and turn right;
turn right into Oak Canyon; the shelter will be the second driveway on the right.
Click here to find view the map

Vendors:

PDF file for the list of vendors

Disclaimer:

I am solely volunteering for this event. I am not a vendor nor do I work for Irvine Animal Care Center. I just want to give back to those furry critters who greets us when we get home, keeps us company at night, and is a part of our family. And if you feel the same, please help support this event! Oh, if there is any problems with this thread, Patrick or Mike, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 AM

Monday morning
Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Animals are kewl. People sux.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doaner,Jun 1 2009, 08:51 AM
Monday morning
Do you work/volunteer at the shelter?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 AM

this looks dope, but i already have 3 dogs
Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 AM

Yes I do volunteer for this shelter and as well as SCART(Surf City Animal Rescue Team) in Huntington beach.

Just coming out and taking a look is awesome as well. Quite a few vendors out there where you can buy some treats for your pets.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Do any of the chinese restaurants in the 626 specialize in rabbit?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Hey Doaner,

It said "low cost micro-chip," do you know how much they charged?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 PM

Ill get the info for you when I get off work. Please pm me as a reminder asiantrick.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:41 PM

i tihnk i will go take a look

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Orange County Super Adoption Event