California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

VAFC 1 INSTAL

Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAFC 1 INSTAL

HEY IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS HAD TO DUDE THIS . WIRE UP A VAFC 1 TO THERE CAR .I HAVE A 2001 AND NEED TO WIRE IT STRAIGHT INTO THE HARNESS .
I HAVE FOUND SEVRAL SITES AND LINKS BUT NON HAVE ANWSERED ALL MY QUEST.
I HAVE THE DIAGRAM WHAT WIRE WHERE ON THE COMPUTER
AND SO FAR I KNOW WHAT THESE WIRES R FOR
IGP=ORANGE
GROUND=BLACK/GREEN NOW DO I USE THE GREEN OR BLACK
VTEC=PURPLE IN/PINK OUT
RPM=GREEN SEE DO I USE IT HERE OR GROUND,DOSE IT MADER WHAT RPM WIRE I USE OR DO I USE ALL FOUR
PRESSURE=YELLOW OUT/WHITE IN
TPS=GREY
VTM=BLUE
I HAVE THAT SO FAR, BUT I HAVE A RED WIRE AND BROWN WIRE EXTRA WHAT DO I DO WITH THOSE
AND ALSO I READ ABOUT PUTING THE GROUND CLOSER TO THE COMPUTER
IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT HERE ID REALY APPRICATE IT ,IM KINDA GETTING CONFUSED HERE
THANKS FOR READING AND FOR THE HELP
KC
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 PM

looking for small trailer
Old 04-12-2010, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should hit up Rob.ok he knows everything about this stuff!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

KC,

If the wire is labeled Black/Green that means the wire will be primarily black with a green stripe. It wont be 2 wires that are different colors.

I didn't wire mine in so I don't have first hand experience.

If you could find something like this that showed exactly where the wires connected that would be a big help too.

You need to find a schmatic that details each wire and it's pin location to make sure you got the right one. As far as the ECU goes these are the only wires I know.

MAP C17 (GRN/RED) 5v Manifold Absolute Pressure (?)
TPS C27 (RED/BLK) 5v Throttle Position (0.3V full close, 4.5V wide open)
VTS B12 (GRN/YEL) 5v VTEC Solenoid (on and off)
NEP A19 (BLU) 5v Tachometer (goes under the hood to test connector as davepk said, pulsed I think)
IAT C25 (RED/YEL) 5v Intake Air Temperature (0V -> 150C, 5V -> -20C)
ECT C26 (RED/WHT) 5v Engine Coolant Temperature (same as IAT)
VSS A9 (BLU/WHT) 5v Vehicle Speed Sensor (pulsed)

Again... when it says RED/BLK that means it will be a red wire with a black stripe.

Best of luck,
Rob
Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 AM

thanks rob i got a copy of that image ,just didnt post it on here. and i thought that at firstit was a black wire with a green strip but its plain black.thats what confused me .it only has one black wire and one green wire .
thats what has me confused ,im waiting to see if anyone knows for sure before i go try it .
ima call and see if i can get threw to someone at apexi
let me know if youcome up withany ideas please .
hey on ur jumper harness is all you wires used or do youhave a red a brown wire left over
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM

Ok I took a long time to install this but it was definitly worth it. Such tight/alkward positions you gotta get into. I was able to put my kick panel back in without much work. I had the V-AFC harness but it was just to big to fit back there.

Ok to go along with the picture above I have in-car color codes and instrucitons. Page 11 of the install PDF is helpful as well.

RPM- Signal goes to the GREEN on the V-AFC- In car Blue- silver dots(just tap in)

IGP- Tie RED AND ORANGE together and tap into Yellow/Black w/ silver dots.

Pressure Signal- Cut Green/Red in car. Yellow on V-AFC to ECU and White goes to the Car side.

VTM- Cut in car Blue(black dot or stripe maybe) and connect BLUE on V-AFC to ECU. Cap other end off coming from the car.

Ground- Tap in BLACK on V-AFC and BROWN on V-AFC though put BROWN closer to ECU.

VTEC- In car color code Yellow/green(maybe dotted too) cut that put PINK to the car side and PURPLE to ECU side.

TPS- Red/White in car color- tap in GREY on V-AFC.

I believe these are all correct as my car works correctly and all readings I got on the sensor check was what they should be.

I ended up using some male/female plastic covered connectors to hook up the wires that I had to CUT. I did them so if I were to take out the V-AFC I could just connect them back together in 5 seconds and just cut off the wires to those that I had just tapped into the factory wiring. I did not use SCOTCH LOCKS or "chicklets" as my installer calls them because of their perpensity to F-UP in no time flat.

Good luck all.

FOUND THIS TODAY ,DIDNT FIND IT YESTERDAY . I THINK THIS IS THE BEST GUIDE IT EVEN SAYS WHAT TO DO WITH THE RED AND BROWN WIRE .
IMA TRY IT IN A FEW MINS IL LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT GOES .HOPE IT WORKS .
HOPFULY THIS WILL HELP OTHERS WHO TOO
Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM

O YA I THIS WAS WROTE BY A GUY NAMED PINKY .
Old 04-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah sounds good. Let us know how it goes. The problems I was having yesterday was because of the lowered VTEC. If your part throttle and entering VTEC it will throw a CEL. IF it does that just raise it back up to 6000rpms.

-Rob
Old 04-13-2010, 01:41 PM

o ya i got it all wired up ,rpms throttle. took it for a test run and when i laid in to the gas ,waiting for vtec it seemed to be bogged down at 5THO and seemed like for ever to vtec ,then ran ok but a cell cam on . "by the way i was in 3rd gear" anyidea what it could be ima check the cell tonight
Thinking ithas somthing to do with vtec or the pressure signal not sure