California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Thunderhill - June 19, 2006

Old 01-11-2006, 10:08 AM
freescopesdad

Default Thunderhill - June 19, 2006

Got Guts at Thunderhill
An Open Track Day
June 19, 2006

SAMOA, the Sacramento Area Miata Owners Association, is proud to sponsor an open track day at Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, California, on Monday, June 19, 2006. This will be a traditional track event with 3 run groups, 6 scheduled 20-minute sessions per group (with an open session at the end of the day), and optional instruction for novices. Groups A and B will be limited to 25 cars each, and the novice group to 20 cars. Our event will emphasize safety and fun. Although SAMOA is a Miata club based in Sacramento, drivers of all types of cars are welcome. The cost is just $210 per driver ($225 after May 31, 2006).

The event is being presented as a benefit to raise money for the Crohns & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for IBD
Old 01-11-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"All convertables must be equiped with roll over protection".

Unfortunately the stock S2k does not qualify.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:27 AM
freescopesdad

actually, the stock S2K does qualify...

ron
Old 01-19-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Sacramento Area Miata Owners Association (SAMOA) is proud to present Got Guts At
Thunderhill, an open track event at Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, California, on
Monday, June 19, 2006. All of the proceeds from this event will benefit the Crohn
Old 01-19-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NASA runs at T-hill all the time and allows the stock roll hoops.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 AM
freescopesdad

FO2K etal,

I just spoke on the phone with Shannon Ell, the general manager at Thunderhill. He also sent me an email that I can forward to you if you want more assurance.

The requirement for aftermarket hoops or bars for S2000's is FOR THE THUNDERHILL STREET SCHOOL ONLY!!! As Shannon just asked me, "How the heck do these rumors get started anyway?"

There is absolutely no requirement for anything other than your factory rollover hoops for this event or any other third-party event at Thunderhill. This also applies to Boxsters, Z3s and Audi TTs. Feel better?

Ron
Old 02-08-2006, 10:02 AM
freescopesdad

Use PayPal or your credit card

...just what the title says. I've posted a link to PayPal on the website at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com so you have this payment option as well. And PayPal will accept your credit card payment without requiring a PayPal account. There is, however, a $6.00 handling fee for all payments through PayPal, which is actually a little less than I am charged. I hope this option makes things more convenient for some. Of course, you can still send me a personal check via USPS. Either way, don't forget to fill out and mail the registration form as well. See you at the track...

Ron
Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 AM
freescopesdad

Well, just a reminder that this event is starting to fill up nicely and the raffle prizes are rolling in. We'll also have some special stuff from Autoweek, GRM and several other vendors that hasn't arrived yet at my front door. If you can afford the $$ its always best to sign up sooner rather than later so you get your choice of run group.

Ron
Got Guts Website
Old 04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
freescopesdad

A paid driver list is posted at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/DriverList.html.

Ron
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 AM
freescopesdad

Quick Update...

Well, we are 2 months out and as of today I have 23 paid...just about right I guess. If you plan on signing up don't wait too long as some of the groups can literally fill up in a week. And we don't want to disappoint anyone. No S2K's yet, but I know its just a matter of time right?

Ron
GotGutsAtThunderhill

Quick Reply: Thunderhill - June 19, 2006