California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Service Bulletin 0054

Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Service Bulletin 0054

Mine buzzes like crazy and it's starting to annoy me. Anyone get any of the honda dealers to fix it on Good Will? Or they don't have Good Will any where in town. I've contacted Elk Grove Honda in the past but never got a reply by them.

Ok I just got a call from them. They will not service any salvaged title cars. Great to know the next time I buy a car. So meaning if you get tapped and your car turns salvaged then you get zero service. Yes I know it's a liability for them but sounds like they don't have enough confidence in their vehicles.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:43 AM

i went to elk grove honda like a couple months ago. i had to get a problem fix. i told them about the clutch buzz problem and they said that cant good will it right now because i had my other problem good will. so im guessing i would probably get my clutch buzz good will in the next couple months.

BTW to get the problem fix is going to cost you$ 900
Old 02-23-2007, 02:34 PM

The service manager said that Honda wouldn't even touch salvaged title cars even if you pay them to do the work. That's confidence in their product line for ya. I'm too much of a liability I guess. Oh well My next car probably will be a Toyota if this keeps up. GS300 here I come!!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Dizzzy, let's see, you have a six year old car, and knew it was a salvage vehicle when you bought it, and now you're slamming the dealer for not fixing a problem?
American Honda makes that decision, not Elk Grove Honda
Old 02-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blair Morrow,Feb 23 2007, 04:38 PM
Dizzzy, let's see, you have a six year old car, and knew it was a salvage vehicle when you bought it, and now you're slamming the dealer for not fixing a problem?
American Honda makes that decision, not Elk Grove Honda
Well the thing is the buzzing noise is due to Honda's fault not due to the salvage title. If you are talking about purely on a basis of where the problem originates from it's from the part that Honda produced. So I would expect them to make good on it. For example like the old exploding pintos in the past. Say your pinto gets into a wreck, you are now the 3rd owner. The pinto is now holding a salvaged title, but the fact the service bulletin for the repairs was never done for whatever reason by the previous owners years after the warranty had expired I would expect the company to make good on it. Am I wrong for bringing it up? I know of course realistically in America no company will stand behind its product longer than a year at most. After that they probably never want to hear from you again. I am not slamming Honda only. I am slamming every company out there so that no company is left out of the slamming .
Old 03-07-2007, 09:12 AM

Hold on, wait a minute, someone buys a salvage car and then expects free New Car service...hmmm, am i missing some logic here? The unfortunatle thing is when a car is salvaged, there is a reason for it, it means so much damage has happened to this particular vehicle that it cost more than the value of the car to repair. Thats a lot of damge that can cause all sorts of other related and unrelated damage. Most car enthusiasts realise this as do most buyers but i guess Caveat Emptor does not apply here as we need to protect the LCD here in this society.

Elk Grove Honda has always done good with the S2000 community, through a great service department and a dedication to the community thru hosting S2000 events for not only the Sacramento area but for the S2000 west coast community as a whole. To come in as a salvage buyer and slam them for not offering free service to a salvaged car is just plain wrong. But then again people in this country sue McDonalds for serving hot coffee aftger stupidly placing the said coffee in the lap and getting burned so, what say me eh?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Now how does that explain why they won't even touch the clutch job even when I offered to pay for it.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:25 PM

liability liability liability

in this tort-driven lawsuit-happy society of ours, no one is willing to help anyone anymore because of the fear of liability.

don't get me wrong dizzy, i feel for you that you probably have an otherwise perfectly good car but stupid rules get put in place to protect companies from liability and you ended up on the wrong side of the line. No one deserves to be get no service but a little bit or Caveat Emptor does need to come into play...

Let this be a lesson to the rest of us, research the products you buy before you buy them and know what you are getting yourself into. in this case, it incldues knowing what the limitations are of buying a significantly discounted salvage car.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:52 AM

Now one question is with this much of a liability. Anyone know of other shops that will work a salvaged car? I might need the clutch or other work done on it in the future. I can do the brake pads and rotors on my own probably.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see no problem with not working on a salvaged car. If you don't like it, kick a lawyer.

Quick Reply: Service Bulletin 0054