California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Sacramento 2009 Track Days Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone *cough*andy*cough* has any pics of my car after my incident, can you please post them up or email them to me?
Old 10-18-2009, 08:10 AM

had grreat fun! enjoyed it with everyone being there and snagging rides left and right.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by AyJay,Oct 17 2009, 04:53 AM
Thanks for coming out and making it a fun day guys. I had a blast.
Thank you for inviting me ayjay, i had a blast!

I apologize for skipping out early from the wings (when i got home it turned out my bro's battery was low, so starter was just clicking and not getting enough power to turn the engine over )

it was great seeing the usual crew out there, and meeting new people, sdracing, johndoe, aaron..

team racing's event was a blast. mario is a really great instructor and knows his way around the s very well! for anyone going to team racing events, request this guy!!

on a side note, i noticed on my second to last session, i was getting a squeaking noise on the rear passenger wheel side... turns out i broke my porterfield R4S in half!!!! good thing I took it really easy on my last session out there..

and my rear rotors are all fuct up

that was the only pad that broke... i didn't check the front but no funny noises and i drove back to socal with it on... nothing sounded or felt funny. (sohcmydohc loovvvessss socal!)

i don't know whether to order another set of the R4S or try out another rear pad. but these r4s pads eats my rear out like crazy.

ayjay, i hope you have a blast on your festivities next week

i took SOME pics, unfortunately, none of grimnebulins..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39237687@N08/...57622610941086/
Old 10-18-2009, 08:33 AM

Toddy todd I'll send you pics.

I had fun guys and you are all right... The more I get pass. rides he more I wanna run. Hopefully next year my car is set up for the track.

JCJT... i didn't look at the pass rear just the drivers side when you asked about the brakes...

Matt great driving and thanks for the ride. Don't forget we have an autoX on sunday Nov 1st. Hope to see you there.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...post&p=13294654

Paul... You're a savage! Losing nuts and bolts and still have the huevos to go out and track. I'm glad I pointed that out otherwise the belt may have chewed up the rest of the parts under the hood.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by SOHCmyDOHC,Oct 18 2009, 08:33 AM
JCJT... i didn't look at the pass rear just the drivers side when you asked about the brakes...
no prob! the brakes started making noise towards way at the end of the day, so i probably broke it when i went off the track maybe lol

i can't wait for you to get on the track sohc! i wanna get passenger rides with you in your celi
Old 10-18-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was great meeting all of you in person, I had a blast, the wings were great as well, I'm looking forward more events, specialty autocrossing.
Paul I'm sorry, the session I was driving behind you wasn't recorded, it's all Castro's fault, he didn't turn the camera on that session
but we can do this next time, will follow you and have the whole session recorded.
Todd, you made me crave for a supercharger now, and a set of coilovers as well
Old 10-18-2009, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here are some pics:

Old 10-18-2009, 02:58 PM

Can't believe I had to miss this Well,guess it's better than having the flu.So, where did all the mud come from? Paul,car is looking mean
Old 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by mzk784,Oct 18 2009, 03:15 PM
Paul I'm sorry, the session I was driving behind you wasn't recorded, it's all Castro's fault, he didn't turn the camera on that session
haha so true!

Sorry about that, I was trying to look for the on button but failed

Thanks again for the ride Matt and nice meeting you too.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Haha. Andy, the way I see it the car has lots of bolts what's losing one here and there. J/K. I'm just glad you spotted the pulley issue. A blessing because I found out the tower bar was destroying the oil line and after cooler.

Sorry I couldn't stay to finish out the wings, but after 2 liters of soda, one red bull, and being up since 3am, I was done.

Matt, thanks for looking for the video. Next time for sure.

Maybe the COs could set something up for next season similar to Friday. Good time for sure.

Quick Reply: Sacramento 2009 Track Days Thread