California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Sacramento 2009 Track Days Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 05:54 AM
freescopesdad

I just received the email from Shannon at Thill as well, with the revised schedule and the bump in groups from 3 to 4. I told him in the spring that if they want attendance at these events they need to employ the M word and actively pursue attendance. Instead they just sat back and hoped. Well, I told Shannon yesterday that I wanted my money back as well. See you on the 14th. anyway.

EDIT on 7/4/09... at least he said OK to the refund, but it looks like Thunderhill-sponsored open lapping days will never be successful until they market them like any other organizer.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sdracing,Jul 2 2009, 08:23 PM
Can't beat running with Lotuses, love those cars. I'd bet the guys who buy these cars and track them have some prior track experience which makes the liberal passing rules workable.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up. Thanks for the link.
^ No problem. Let me know if you (or anyone else) is going on the 14th. Maybe we can met up and caravan up together.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by freescopesdad,Jul 3 2009, 06:54 AM
I just received the email from Shannon at Thill as well, with the revised schedule and the bump in groups from 3 to 4. I told him in the spring that if they want attendance at these events they need to employ the M word and actively pursue attendance. Instead they just sat back and hoped. Well, I told Shannon yesterday that I wanted my money back as well. See you on the 14th. anyway.

EDIT on 7/4/09... at least he said OK to the refund, but it looks like Thunderhill-sponsored open lapping days will never be successful until they market them like any other organizer.
Just saw your post Ron. Oops. Yeah - the THill people are weird - they're not very smart to not advertise at all and then to change and add groups near the event date itself is very dumb. I definitely won't be signing up with them again...

That's cool that you're going on the 14th. Want to meet up in Midtown for the drive up? Any place open for coffee that early?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:15 AM
freescopesdad

I won't be wearing my front plate so I really don't want to drive in midtown. I'll be getting on the freeway at 59th at about 5:45 and heading up. If I get pulled over I'll just tell them I'm you lol.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 AM

Ummm...okay.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't say I agree. I'm one of those guys and track a lot but the liberal passing in the lower group is for all, even guys that hardly ever track. I like to know the guy I'm passing isn't going to cut in.

But you're right Sdracing, they're fun cars. I miss my S2k though.

Originally Posted by Grimnebulin,Jun 29 2009, 06:24 PM
Yep - he was wearing a S2KCA shirt from 2002 with Laguna Seca on it. So if you see a black Elise around your neck of the woods, maybe it's him...
Hey boys! Good to see you. :-) My ears were burning.

Nice pic Todd. I love that one. Have fun on the 14th. I don't think I can make it. 5 days in the past 7 weeks is a little much I think. So far I've gotten approval but I'm pushing my luck.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by jedwards,Jul 8 2009, 03:52 PM
Can't say I agree. I'm one of those guys and track a lot but the liberal passing in the lower group is for all, even guys that hardly ever track. I like to know the guy I'm passing isn't going to cut in.

But you're right Sdracing, they're fun cars. I miss my S2k though.

Hey boys! Good to see you. :-) My ears were burning.

Nice pic Todd. I love that one. Have fun on the 14th. I don't think I can make it. 5 days in the past 7 weeks is a little much I think. So far I've gotten approval but I'm pushing my luck.

Hey John - good to see you posting back up here! Wow - you are an early member!

I'm just a bit nervous about the passing rules because I haven't experienced them before. I'm sure once I get used to it, I'll be wondering what I was worrying about.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 AM
freescopesdad

hey i have one of those S2KCA shirts from Laguna as well. I was the only Miata there that day.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 AM

I'm still up in the air, I'm hoping to know by Fri., but I'm up for a caravan.
Better than my one man caravan.

I'm officially a little worried about the passing rules. I think it would be pretty high expectations for people to have free passing on most of the course after only two track sessions.

Oh welll.....
Old 07-09-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sdracing,Jul 9 2009, 09:02 AM
I'm still up in the air, I'm hoping to know by Fri., but I'm up for a caravan.
Better than my one man caravan.

I'm officially a little worried about the passing rules. I think it would be pretty high expectations for people to have free passing on most of the course after only two track sessions.

Oh welll.....
^ FWIW - most people out there are very civilized about passing. I'm sure it'll be cool. Just do it like me!

Quick Reply: Sacramento 2009 Track Days Thread