California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

sac area muffler shop

Old 03-24-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoAsTeR
Question for jkinnicu and Tron. How loud is the exhaust while on the freeway and normal driving? Is the drone bad? Also, did you guys have custom pipes put in? or just mufflers? ANd last but not least, what kind of muffler did you have put in? Thanks a lot! [/QUOTE

When accelerating thru the gears there is nice deep tone, when traveling at a constant 50-80 mph the sound is deep but very subdued, certainly not intrusive, annoying or bothersome. There is absolutely NO droning and no interference with stereo/music enjoyment. The stock resonator was left intact. I was looking for a deep, powerful sound while shifting but I didnt want droning or noise intrusion at highway speeds. I got just what I wanted. For more info please click on link (includes sexy, nude full color pictures of totally naked stanless steel muffler... very hot!!) http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=179928

Happy motoring!
Old 04-02-2004, 02:17 PM

I got the same results as Tron1... I also left the resonator in as I didn't want a high pitched buzzy sound like you hear often enough on some of the "Asian Racers - Fast and Furious Wanna Be's" running around. When I go thru the gears under power it sounds great without being too loud. When I level off at cruise, it almost goes away, so very nice for long trip.

Side benefit - you can hear the engine when taking off at a light so you don't have to stare at the Tach to prevent killing it! I am used to listening to my engine work (Harley rider too) and speed matching my gear shifts by sound and feel... I like to keep my eyes on the road when things get "BUSY" !!!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:18 PM

Well ok, I have a muffler shop here working on some magnaflows, he seems to think that the #14316 will be to big and have to make too sharp of a bend ,for the pipe to fit. so we are gonna try the smaller size first. from your pics, it looks like the rear of the muffler is too close to the valence? does it get too hot? thanks, tron. LK
Old 04-04-2004, 10:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oakfloor
Well ok, I have a muffler shop here working on some magnaflows, he seems to think that the #14316 will be to big and have to make too sharp of a bend ,for the pipe to fit. so we are gonna try the smaller size first. from your pics, it looks like the rear of the muffler is too close to the valence?
Old 04-04-2004, 12:37 PM

thanks all, for all the good info.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:13 AM

I just got it done to my car. It sounds nice . Didn't get the stainless steel and I kept the stock tips. Cost was $125. per muffler at Muffler Tech
Old 04-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Muffler Tech sounds like the place to go. Is there anyone in particular to ask for when scheduling appointment that knows exactly what to do? Does $300.00 cover everything for normal install?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:34 AM

Yea, $300 covers 2 mufflers and installations costs.
Let me know how it goes....
Old 04-16-2004, 07:02 PM

300.00 + or - sould do it. Depends what you get (polished, new tips...). The first few days after I had them put on I thought it was too loud. I guess I got use to it. Its not that loud anymore. Sure sounds nice starting off from a stop.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:14 AM

Quick question, is everyone getting single exhaust with the $300.00 job? I thought I say pitchers both ways? I think dual exhaust looks better considering car comes stock that way, but I'm looking for the best sound and horsepower!!!

Quick Reply: sac area muffler shop