California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Newbie needs some help guys/gals

Old 06-15-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Newbie needs some help guys/gals

Hey
I just bought an 2001 s2000 and it has that idle problem everyone is talking about but i think its worse then theirs. When I first start the car it will idle fine for a little bit, then it will start bogging down and go back up, it will continue to do this until it dies, my starter is almost toast from having to restart it. I havent tried the map whack yet, but I have tried to do the idle learn and reset the ecu. I could really use some help. I am in elk grove if anyone would wanna come by and check it out? I really dont have the cash to take it in and I am hoping to figure it out. It doesnt throw any codes either. Please help
Old 06-16-2007, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by bullet21,Jun 15 2007, 06:35 PM

Hey
I just bought an 2001 s2000 and it has that idle problem everyone is talking about but i think its worse then theirs. When I first start the car it will idle fine for a little bit, then it will start bogging down and go back up, it will continue to do this until it dies, my starter is almost toast from having to restart it. I havent tried the map whack yet, but I have tried to do the idle learn and reset the ecu. I could really use some help. I am in elk grove if anyone would wanna come by and check it out? I really dont have the cash to take it in and I am hoping to figure it out. It doesnt throw any codes either. Please help
unplug everything including map sensor and the air control solenoid valve for 15 minutes. including the battery. try n c if that helps. 00-01's run richer then 02-03's. I'm Min btw if u need me to check it out just give me a call 802 8118.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by bullet21,Jun 15 2007, 06:35 PM

Hey
what color is your car?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 AM

custom paint, blue pearl
Old 06-16-2007, 09:21 AM

it just has me so frustrated because if it was throwing a code i would know what it is, you know? I would love for you to help me out min, im in elk grove. I wouldnt have any cash or anything though to throw your way, but maybe i might have something to trade for your help? not sure what i would have though im kinda broke right now, im a student at crc. I was gonna try the map whack today and ill need to locate the air idle control valve to check that, someone also recommended the egr.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:26 PM

Ok guys, tried the map whack, iacv was clean, egr was clean. after that I reset the ecu again and when I was doing the idle learn the "eps" light came on. But no check engine light. What is the eps light?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by bullet21,Jun 16 2007, 10:21 AM
it just has me so frustrated because if it was throwing a code i would know what it is, you know? I would love for you to help me out min, im in elk grove. I wouldnt have any cash or anything though to throw your way, but maybe i might have something to trade for your help? not sure what i would have though im kinda broke right now, im a student at crc. I was gonna try the map whack today and ill need to locate the air idle control valve to check that, someone also recommended the egr.
did u already call MIN?

btw i go to crc also..see you around
Old 06-16-2007, 05:09 PM

really? im in the auto program there. im in electrical right now over the summer, im taking alot of classes in the fall. what do you go there for? i did talk to min, do you know him? nice guy says hes busy this weekend but is gonna come and check it out on monday. i havent really seen to many s2k's at crc. do you know about this stuff? maybe you could come take a look at it to?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:13 PM

ahhaha man we all go Crc..i go there too! haha me n Qs2k kik it spot is da library bench hahah!
Old 06-16-2007, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by bullet21,Jun 16 2007, 06:09 PM
really? im in the auto program there. im in electrical right now over the summer, im taking alot of classes in the fall. what do you go there for? i did talk to min, do you know him? nice guy says hes busy this weekend but is gonna come and check it out on monday. i havent really seen to many s2k's at crc. do you know about this stuff? maybe you could come take a look at it to?
hows electrical class? im going to take engine rebuild and engine modification class on fall. yeah sorry i was busy the whole weekend...had a bbq today and tomorrows fathers day so yeah..i might be able to stop by and chck it out tomorrow but not 100% sure.

Quick Reply: Newbie needs some help guys/gals