California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Let's go to Mendocino!!

Old 07-22-2002, 03:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, Friends!!

Shannon and I just got back from Mendocino. We went up there for the weekend to celebrate our B-Days and had a blast. What a cool little place!! I'm sure Tim & Camille can attest to this...they were just up there in May. As much fun as we were having, I kept thinking to myself "This would be the perfect place to bring the S2000 family for the weekend!!" The drive is really cool...Highway 128 is full of twisties and great scenery. Trafic is light once you get past Santa Rosa. There are some great, and I mean GREAT places to eat up there. And I know of a fantastic place to stay with spectacular ocean views that will accomodate us all. So while I was having all this fun, I was also scouting out places for us to stop and hang out at. I scouted out a place where we could meet up with any of the Bay Area people who'd want to join us. We could put together a really cool little trip.

The weather in October is perfect up there, so I was thinking maybe October 12-13th(Sat-Sun)? What do you think? Say the word and I'll begin making arrangements. I will probably go with or without you guys, but it would be GREAT if you could join me.

We could stay here:

View from the room:
Old 07-22-2002, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that we need to.....but count us in. We actually were in Fort Bragg. One of our patients gave us one free night at the North Coast Hotel for our anniversary....right at the Noyo River. I had no idea what it looked like, but when we got there....Holy Moly...it was gorgeous. That is where we found the most AAHSUM twisty road. It was Hiway 462....north of Fort Bragg, just off a road called (?) Brandencamp, or something like it. We stumbled upon it from the other end, from a town called Layton........through the mountains...beautiful. That whole area is beautiful....lots of cool roads. The rates and traffic should be much lighter in October, than in summertime.
BTW....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB AND SHANNON.
So when were the big days?
Tim and I have ours coming up in August. He is the 14th and I am the 19th. We are trying to decide where to go. Thinking of maybe making a drive to Vegas. Monterey is booked due to the car shows galore down there that week..
Tahoe and Reno don't really have any good shows that week, so we are sort of stuck for an idea..........
Old 07-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Former Moderator

It sounds like big beautiful curve hugging, breath taking fun. We can't commit, but if anything is finalized and we can get the time off it looks great!
Old 07-23-2002, 07:23 AM

Thanks, Camille!!

Shannon's B-Day was July 16th, mine will be on the 28th. This last weekend fell neatly between them so we planned the trip to celebrate both our B-Days.

I know you were in Fort Bragg, I just assumed you also went to Mendocino since it is so close. You didn't go there? We'll take care of that this time around...

So is anyone else interested in going? I'm not looking to put together a huge group, but it would be nice to see you all again.
Old 07-23-2002, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that I could talk Kendra into doing this trip. We went out there and farther up the coast, all the way to eureka. It was a great trip, not a whole lot to do, but nice and relaxing and not that expensive. My recomendation would be that we leave on Fri. and make our way up 1 toward eureka, and head back on sun. Hey Camille, have you guys ever been to the Hurst castle? Kendra and I stopped there on our way to san diego, that is a neat place to check out, and there are plenty of great roads to drive also.

Lets keep this post going, -Matt
Old 07-24-2002, 07:28 AM

Sounds like a great trip. Don't know what (work related) travel will be like during that time, but if I'm free, I'd attend.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:24 AM

Well,

It looks like I'll have to revamp things a bit. The place I was planning on staying is still in "high season" in October, so they are a little pricey...not too bad, though. However, a two-night minimum is required if one of those nights is Saturday. I don't know about y'all, but I can't take that much time off of work, and it's a little out of my budget. We could make it a Sunday-Monday gig, at the risk of a smaller turnout. Like I said above, I don't care if we only get a few people, it will be fun nonetheless. So are you still in? I'll call the place today to book some rooms.

Confirmed so far:

Rob & Shannon

Blair (and Karen??)

Tim & Camille
(I know you guys will attend no matter what)
Old 07-26-2002, 05:44 PM

you got it our last name should be Diehards instead of Sexton... , no wait, I love the last name of Sexton
Old 09-11-2002, 12:28 PM

We would be interested. Station that was Little River wasn't it? Never stayed there but always get a round of golf in when I'm up there. There is a relatively inexpensive hotel in Ft Bragg that all there rooms look out to the ocean. A large grassy area for BBQ is available out the back sliding doors of each room. It's not real fancy but it's not bad at all and priced under $100 a night last time we checked.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:20 PM

Okay, here's the info on the trip we have planned. We will be staying at the Little River Inn (pictured in the original post above) on October 13th (a Sunday). Rates are a little high at $165 per night, but believe me it's well worth it!! Just look at that incredible view above. I booked several rooms right next to eachother...we will all be sharing a deck where we can hang out, relax, and drink

No more giant swings for me!!

Contact the Little River Inn at 1-888-466-5683 to reserve your room. The group is under my name..."Szabo." You MUST CALL by Tuesday September 17th.

Blair, I pre-booked you. Call them with your CC #.

Tim & Camille, I pre-booked you as well. Call up with your CC#, too.

Everyone else...call them up and get your room soon!!

This is going to be a BLAST!! I will post details of the drive very soon.

Quick Reply: Let's go to Mendocino!!