California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

June 12th Sunday! DIY Tech Day

Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default June 12th Sunday! DIY Tech Day

I was wondering what work everyone is interested in for a potential tech day. A member here is interested in possibly setting something up and I'll be free to demo, provide guidance and help out a little if needed. It's a good time to learn about doing work on your own car or lend a helping hand with others who show up and even just drop by to chat. It's a tech day anyone interested will be bringing in their own stuff and doing the work themselves with help from others that show up or myself if I'm free. I'm sure the area has members who have experience and may be able to bring their knowledge and help as well

Here's a list of some items that people may be interested in:

Mechanical:
-Valve Adjustment
-Valve gasket replacement
-Valve retainer inspection
-Clutch slave cylinder lubrication
-Shifter lubrication
-Shifter plastic parts inspection/replacement
-Oil Changes
-Transmission fluid
-Differential fluid
-Suspension parts
-Brake work
-Spark Plug check/replacements
-PCV valve replacement/cleaning
-Mod install (ex:Intake/Exhaust/etc)
-Throttle cable adjustment (lol)
-Replace cabin pollen filter

Audio:
-Head unit installation
-Modifry or similar accessories
-Speaker replacement/installation
-Amp Wiring
-etc

It's just a short list of what I could think of off the top of my head. Chime in with suggestions and or comments on the subject
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 PM

Awesome list Castro! I'm deff interested in a valve adjustment and my valve cover seal well as Castro pointed out at our last meet mine more than likely needs to be replaced along with serpentine belt. I'm gonna see if I can't host this tech day I'm thinking a good date would be June 19th I have to double check a few things to see if I can host it...but deff chime in with work u need help with even if it's the simplest things I'm not to car savy but I'm learning and trying...!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:35 PM

doing the work yourself is most rewarding since you'll know if you did a good job or not.
Valve adjustments may be the number one item on peoples list since it's such a hands on experience that trusting someone else just doesnt give that same piece of mind since they may call it good if it's "in spec" instead of having it all dead on perfect. Hey, you never know if they even just take your money, say they did it and call it a day lulz
Old 05-31-2011, 02:39 PM

I'm in for valve adjustment, even though I already had mine done.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:42 PM

Yea I agree valve adjustment will probably be the number one thing people list...quick question Castro where and what kind of lubes do you use for your shifter and clutch slave cylinder?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM

i got it stashed somewhere but it's high temp urea grease. any high temp grease would work though.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:02 PM

I really wouldnt mind even watching/assisting with others cars on anythying demo'd. My car being realitvely new and me being first owner there might not be a lot needing done on my car just yet but I still wouldn't mind learning. I can use that knowledge down-the-road when my car inevitably needs it. I want to keep this car as long as I can, I'd love the knowledge on how to do so.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 PM

Sweet I'll be sure pick some up! Thanks bro...! I'm almost off work once I get home I'll see if we can do these tech day at my house theirs a decent amount of room there.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea... I'm in for valve adjustment.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 PM

Good to see people are showing interest...well I think we can make it official looks like I will be able to host at my host my address is listed below, along with the date and an approximate time let me know what you guys think.

Sunday June 19th
You can call me or text me for my home address
916-402-0229
at around 12:00, 12:30 (tennatively)

We can probably fit 7 cars easy that includes some parking in the drive way and others right in front of the house. I also listed some things that I am interested in doing my car being an ap1 and probalbly has more miles than your guy's AP2's, just figure now would be a good time to learn and get some of the little maintanence things out of the way.

-Valve Adjustment
-Valve gasket replacement
-Valve retainer inspection (if time permits not sure how long this will take)
-Clutch slave cylinder lubrication
-Shifter lubrication
-Shifter plastic parts inspection/replacement
-PCV valve replacement/cleaning
-Replace cabin pollen filter

Castro being more familiar with the above DIY can probaly provide a time line of how long each may take.
I also got a list going below anyone feel free to add your name. Even if we reach more than 7 people we may be able to move a few cars out of the way I can park my other vehicles around the corner and that clears up 3 more spots on top of the 7.

1.dkat (david) white ap1
2.Castro (red ap2)
3.Micron 08 (black cr)
4.ckue (looking forward to meeting you)
5.K lo Que (White ap2)
8.?
9.?

Quick Reply: June 12th Sunday! DIY Tech Day