California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

How about an end of summer trip trip? Carmel/Big Sur or Napa/Mendocino

Old 06-04-2003, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's all go to that place Rob stayed in at Mendicino where we could have the whole top floor overlooking the ocean, rates should be favorable later in the year, and well... after seeing us all in action in Reno, we'll probably never be invited back!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I tried to arrange this one last year, but I ended up going by myself. Someow, I couldn't generate enough interest. I, more than anyone, want to do this drive. It is BY FAR the best drive I've ever done in the S.

Some pics to entice you all....

Let's do this!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob,
I think the timing of yours last year was the reason most of us couldn't make it. Tim and I had gone for our anniversary last May 5th and found the MOST aahsum roads. It was an accident, but the best one we ever made. We missed the hiway 20 turnoff and ended up in God knows where. We followed a logging truck on some little road, and drove over, and thru ("the woods to grandmothers house we go"..........sorry got a little side-tracked )mountains forever...........then you could smell the ocean, and then you could see it every now and then...........it was really incredible to wind over and thru the mountains and come out at the ocean. Quite inspiring. In fact, the next day we had to go back to the road and do it again and try to video it...........uhhhhh, let's just say being a videographer is NOT my calling. It was fun, and VERY twisty. It brought us out 9 miles above Fort Bragg.
Anyway, depending on the dates chosen, we are in...........nothing in our immediate future to stop us, unless Tim can't get time off.......my boss just says "fine". Way cool
Camille
Old 06-05-2003, 07:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know road 20 well having gone to Humboldt State all those years ago. Great drive!!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:02 PM

Sure guys, rub it in

Trying his best to avoid threads that have anything to do with summer runs,

Jason
Old 06-05-2003, 05:05 PM

Seriously, I hope you all have an awesome time.

I've been here 2.5 years and have yet to drive the coast. One of these days...
Old 06-05-2003, 09:19 PM

Rob -

Sue and I had a timing issue last year, too.

If the timing works out, we'd love to make the trip!

Carey
Old 06-06-2003, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jonathon you can actually REMEMBER the drives? J/K referencing the fact you went to school in Humbolt County..........drugs, etc
So, is it 20 that cuts across from some little town thru the mountains to the ocean? Incredible drive..
Camille
Old 06-06-2003, 06:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are drugs in Humboldt?!?!?! I wouldn't know anything about that!! 20 goes from 5 to 101. The road to the coast is either further up at Leggett (over to route 1 and Fort Bragg) or further south. I used 20 to get to 101 then headed north to Eureka/ Arcata which are on the coast, but I doubt we want to go up there.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:16 PM

Coastal cruise.......I'm in. I will be sure to bring my Motec system exhaust, my cool air intake, and enough NOS to blow my self up ( just a little Fast and Furious humor)

Quick Reply: How about an end of summer trip trip? Carmel/Big Sur or Napa/Mendocino