California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Hit and run while parked

Old 12-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and run while parked

So I am up in the lake Tahoe area for the holiday with my family. I drove up last night and was eating dinner with my sister when someone came into the restaurant stating that a blue nissan (not mine)was hit in the parking lot and they needed to go outside. I then went outside at the same time and saw that my car which was parked next to the Nissan was also hit. A witness saw an f-150 hit the Nissan and then when the witness approached the truck the driver fled the scene. The police came and took a report but when they left nobody had found the truck that fled. I have a police report and filed a claim this morning. This evening I received a phone call from the officer that took the report and he said that they found the driver of the car that ran but she is denying hitting my car (only hit the Nissan). The only witness had walked out and saw her hit the Nissan but she had already hit my car at the time so i have no corroboration. am I SOL in this or do I have a leg to stand on? I do not know how the statement of a driver who knowingly fled the scene of an accident is to be trusted and I have the feeling that the driver was probably intoxicated. What should I do in this situation? I do not want my insurance to go up and would prefer not to pay a deductible when I was not at fault at all and I would like to fight this. I will receive a copy of the police report as soon as it is available.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just let your insurance deal with her. Insurance companies deal with these cases all day long. If your car was park next or close to the Nissan is a done deal. When a driver leave the scene of an accident they are pretty much done.

You should not be paying a deductible and let me know if you need a shop here in Sac. I got the hook up...