California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Check Engine Light

Old 06-01-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CASTRO,Jun 1 2009, 09:58 AM
lol, you might get a bunch of people in that group if its started They wouldnt know if its from driving hard or bad motor
My name is SDRacing, and I am a recovering Cylinder Misfire Diagnosis victim. At first I denied my Honda had a problem. I replaced my injectors, stayed out of VTEC, and convinced myself idle was smooth....

It's been 6 months since my last CEL.

"No Check Engine Lights, one day at a time."
Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sdracing,Jun 1 2009, 11:08 AM
My name is SDRacing, and I am a recovering Cylinder Misfire Diagnosis victim. At first I denied my Honda had a problem. I replaced my injectors, stayed out of VTEC, and convinced myself idle was smooth....

Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sdracing,Jun 1 2009, 11:08 AM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...post&p=16325033
Old 06-01-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by SOHCmyDOHC,Jun 1 2009, 09:43 AM
You drive to hard!

Skinner ask them to run a compression/leak down test when you bring it in.
SOHCmyDOHC - What are the symptoms of a scored cylinder or low compression in the engine? If my CEL hasn't gone back on since I did the first reset is this something I should worry about?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mads2k08,Jun 1 2009, 01:28 PM
SOHCmyDOHC - What are the symptoms of a scored cylinder or low compression in the engine? If my CEL hasn't gone back on since I did the first reset is this something I should worry about?
symptoms of a scored cylinder can be quite a few things. Low compression is one, burning oil, fouled plugs.... and so on.

If you do have issues the CEL WILL come back. Next time don't reset the CEl w/o pulling the code. Yes it's irritating to see but you're ask just asking for trouble if you reset it w/o pulling the code.

Hard to say if I would be worried... Personally yes since you don't know what the code was.

BTW Gas is Gas. Chevron gas is Valero gas is Shell gas. The only difference is the additives that get added at the fueling terminal.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by mads2k08,Jun 1 2009, 09:01 AM
I reset the ECU by pulling the 7.5 amp backup fuse. The CEL is off now and after 300 miles and 2 days later and a fresh tank of high test gas from Chevron the CEL still remains off (thankfully).

Would I still be able to pull the trouble codes from the ECU even though I reset it?
mads2k08

SOHCmyDOHC would be a better person to answer these questions for you since he's more knowledgeable about mechanic in general.

However, on this coming up Wednesday when I take the car back into the Dealership for them to continue to diagnose the symptom(s), I will ask them if it's possible to pull the codes after a reset and will report back here.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by SkinnerS2k,Jun 1 2009, 06:52 PM
mads2k08

SOHCmyDOHC would be a better person to answer these questions for you since he's more knowledgeable about mechanic in general.

However, on this coming up Wednesday when I take the car back into the Dealership for them to continue to diagnose the symptom(s), I will ask them if it's possible to pull the codes after a reset and will report back here.
Once you reset the ECU there will be no codes. There could be pending codes once the engine cycles a few times but resetting the ecu is like adding water to a cement mix... No going back...
Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 AM

Any update? Compression/leak test?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:32 AM

Yes, they did the compression and leak down tests as I was told.

They called me yesterday while I was with a client and left me a message telling me that they need to keep the car overnight while they seek advice from Honda Technical Support with the multiple cylinders misfire issue.

I later told them to keep the car for as long as they need to until they get it fixed.

So we might not have the car ready for SAC2KDAYS event
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 AM

as long as the car gets good care then its all that matters. Still sad to hear that you guys wont have it back before Sat but

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light