California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Will be visiting SF next week

Old 12-27-2006, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

60 degrees is enough for me to put on my North Face puffy haha...

but if youre into musicals, Jersey Boys is on a good run, and i just watched the Nutcracker ballet, but i think thats only playing till the 31st of Dec...
Old 12-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

female or male?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:30 PM

"The House" Restaurant. Fantastic food for a really good price. Asian Fuzion.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:16 AM

looking for some good eats? ILUNA BASQUE basque tapas (NORTH BEACH), LA FOLIE french (RUSSIAN HILL), GARY DANKO $$$$(MARINA), AZIZA moroccan(RICHMOND DIST), CHAPEAU or CLEMENTINE french (RICHMOND)
check out www.opentable.com to look at menus and book reservations. www.yelp.com to get some first hand reviews on them.

be sure to walk/drive across the GG Bridge and make your way up the Marin headlands. Gives a great view of SF and not too time consuming.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HI I will be visiting from Nov 18-24th. I will be flying in from so cal. i have a few questions.

1) Do i need a car or is the bus/cable cars enough to get around to the tourist place? I don't want to rent a car if i don't have too, it is $40 a day to park.

2) Should I stay in the finical district or the wharf area? I will probably be staying at the Hilton either way. EDIT: i booked the finical district.

3)Should i expect it to rain most of the time while I am there?

4)anyone want to pick me and my gf up from the airport?

5)any meets going on while i am up here?

Thanks

Robert

EDIT: i booked the hilton in the finical district because it is much cheaper.($90 a night) 5 nights + flight for 2=$648 cant beat that!
any other recommendations for fun things to do would be great.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 AM

1. If you want to save some money you can try going w/o a rental car. I think you'll be limiting yourself though. You can always change your mind and get a rental downtown or try parking in a lot instead of the hotel. I would definitely rent a car for a day or two just to drive around Golden Gate, Sausalito, or a drive up to Nape for some wine tasting. I think it will cost you $20-$40 from SFO to your hotel unless there's a hotel shuttle. Something to think about.

2. The financial district is close to shopping, and restaurants (15-20 min walk). You can easily spend a day at Union Square shopping. Be prepared to do a lot of walking or taking taxi. North Beach / Chinatown is close by and there's some good restaurants. Check out www.yelp.com and see what people like. I would head out to Richmond district if you want cheapier food (Clement, California, Geary)

3. The weather is hard to predict. This is what it was like last year.
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airpor...klyHistory.html

4. unless your gf is Jessica Alba I think I have to wash my hair that day.

Good luck and hope you enjoy SF!

Old 09-24-2007, 10:27 AM

Since you're going to be here for about a week, I'ld say definitely rent a car. SF is a pretty small city, so Chinatown and Japantown will likely only take up one of your days here, at the most.

With a car, you'll be able to see a lot more. You can drive across the GG Bridge to Sausalito, go to Muir Woods, drive down CA-1 to Half Moon Bay and take 84 through La Honda back to 280N etc.

Even within SF, public transportation will eat up all your time. Some places you may want to check out - Grand View Park aka Moraga Park - amazing 360 degree views, - Land's End - great views of the Pacific Ocean and GG Bridge. Also check out a sunset from Sutro Heights Park, or Cliff House, or anywhere along Ocean Beach.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 PM

^^thanks. is there anywhere cheaper to park my rental? the cost to park the car is more than the car. parking+rental is almost $300. the reason iam not just driving up from so cal is because it is just cheaper to fly. looks like i might have to rent a car for at least a few days. thanks again for the suggestions, any more?
Robert
Old 09-24-2007, 02:42 PM

WHAT KIND OF SHOPPING YOU LIKE???
Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 PM

not going to do a lot of shopping unless there is a really cool store that we dont have in so cal. i want to do a lot of sight seeing and taking pics.

Quick Reply: Will be visiting SF next week