California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

why do people steal?

Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do people steal?

so yesterday morning i got up and i was leaving for work when i notice my side markers were stolen from my car! this is the second time that this has happened to me and it gets a little frustrating. they were just the regular oem amber side markeks nothing special about them at all. do u think its other s2000 owners stealing these? what other car could u use the side markers for? anyways just venting and wanted to see if anyone has two side markers for sale before i buy them at the dealership a second time.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:46 AM

i have some oem sidemarkers. took them off after i ordered rick's smoked ones. let me know if you're interested. i'm in n. sj.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 AM

my boy just had his center caps on his OEM wheels off his AP2 stolen last night! this is the main reason i keep my car garaged.

i HOPE it's not other S2K owners cuz i believe we all have a mutual respect for one another, hence the , or the
Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its cuz they are unscrupulous descendants of whores and robbers. they are low lives that cant make it in the real world to buy their own shit and choose to operate in the shadows like little bitches. furthermore, they have a psychological problem and live in delusion, where they can rationalize all their crimes to themselves.

i am guessing a few s2ks are prolly running around with hot parts, but mostly its prolly civic ownerz.

op, just be happy that they didnt damage ur paint.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The haves and the have nots. I think it is also jealousy. And people who buy the stolen stuff are also to blame.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:30 AM

sorry to hear. got mine stolen a couple months back. don't know who would steal them, i'm hoping it's not other s2k members cause that's some shady business.

i think people are just looking to steal easy parts and profit?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 AM

Yeah, i got my seats stolen two weeks ago, along with a slashed top. If people wouldnt buy s2000 seats we prolly wouldnt have that problem
Old 07-24-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by sjsharks33,Jul 24 2009, 07:44 AM
so yesterday morning i got up and i was leaving for work when i notice my side markers were stolen from my car! this is the second time that this has happened to me and it gets a little frustrating. they were just the regular oem amber side markeks nothing special about them at all. do u think its other s2000 owners stealing these? what other car could u use the side markers for? anyways just venting and wanted to see if anyone has two side markers for sale before i buy them at the dealership a second time.
I wanna say that it's not other s2k owners that would steal things like side markers from other s2k owners but it's a possibility even though it's hard to believe. Side markers are easily stolen by your average lazy thief probably because they're out there in the open. The same can be said for emblems, lug nuts, center caps, etc. S2K side markers can fit on other Hondas and especially Civics.

As much as I'd like to try and defend my fellow Civic owners, we're not really known to be a close-knit group like the folks here on s2ki. Shit, I don't even get a wave or a deuce. I either get mean mugged or challenged to race
Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I remember on my birthday as I was coming out of Valley Fair (Westlake) Mall, my gf at the time noticed my badge missing from my 1 month old S4. I was thinking who would steal a 'S' badge. What were they going to use it for? Then one day I saw a riced out Civic with an S badge on it (maybe it was mine).
Old 07-24-2009, 01:20 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

sidemarkers can be used on other cars, its just a matter of punching a hole for it..

as for thieves and supporting their sales, its going to happen regardless of the fact. there's no clear differentiation from stolen S2000 seats retrofitted into a civic and legit S2000 seats retrofitted into a civic. its simply supply and demand for the product and with stolen seats being FAR cheaper, the choice is for the stolen goods most of the time. the important thing for being an s2000 owner is to have a good insurance agent. I can sleep at night with all my cars outside knowing that my agent (whom handled 3 of my claims thus far) will take care of me and point me in the right direction in the event of theft, hit and run, natural disaster or whatever.

it sucks, but it comes with owning the S2k and in my opinion its worth it. and DAMNITINEEDTOGETANOTHERS2K

Quick Reply: why do people steal?