California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Why do I have such bad luck with Honda dealers?

Old 09-06-2002, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do I have such bad luck with Honda dealers?

so decided to go to Concord Honda for the 30k service. Patrick, the service advisor was nice and had helped me last time I was there for a quick sensor problem. I even told him all about the problems I had with some of the other dealers to explain to him why I was so paranoid about leaving my car with them...

Well, I couldn't pick the car up until after 8pm tonight, so they were going to lock the keys in the car and leave it in the parking lot.

I get to the car. It was washed and still shiny from my last Zaino. I hit the remove to unlock the doors, grab the handle and it's locked. The moron's left the doors unlocked in the parking lot with the keys in it!

I go to get in and the seat is moved up about 6 inches; no big deal, so someone shorter than I had to drive it. I go to move the seat back and realize that the seat has been reclined enough to not allow the seat to move back anymore. I look at the speedometer and realize they put almost 10 miles on the car -- I reset the trip odometers.

What the hell is wrong with all these places that I keep having such shitty luck?!?!?!?

Old 09-07-2002, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to rub it in but when I took my car in there for the Spark Plug recall, I thought they were quite good. The advisor told me what they were going to do and they'll test drive the car make sure everything was working right. They put 0.5 miles on the odometer for their test drive. Later on I checked the plugs and it met the torque specs.

Of course, I was there and told them I will be waiting for the car. Unlike your situation where you left it at the dealership and I guess gave them opportunity to drive it farther(?).

How much did it cost by the way for the 30K service? Thanks.