California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Who is the best Dealership in Bay Area?

Old 09-12-2006, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is the best Dealership in Bay Area?

I am looking to purchase a new 2006 or 2007 S2K within the next 2 weeks. I was hoping to get some insight from the Bay Area members on their experience with particular dealers and/or sales persons. If you don't mind, please include your OTD price too, so I know what to shoot for.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:11 PM

1k below invoice. It's possible.

Give a call to all the dealers near you. Tell them your looking to buy and the dealer who gives you the best price gets the sale. If they ask what prices you been getting. Tell them you rather let them give you the best price they are willing to sell for.

It's really common to get the car for invoice price now.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speak to Blair at Elk Grove Honda if you want a good deal with no hassel. Its a bit of a drive, but Blair was a fellow S2000 owner and host the annual SacS2kDays.

Also, if you aren't serious about making the drive, don't waste his time getting pricing from him.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that there is currently a dealer incentive for the S2000, so be sure to check at Edmunds.com.

I had good luck soliciting price quotes from the fleet manager via the internet. The Honda USA web site has a form where you can search for dealers and request quotes, or you can find the individual dealers' web sites and request the quote directly.

Fremont and San Leandro had the best initial offers, with Livermore, Capitol, and Elk Grove about $500 higher.

Livermore had the color I wanted, so that's where I bought my car. My salesman was John Paek, and he was very honest and easy to deal with through the whole process. He matched San Leanrdo's price without any complaint. A new incentive came through from Honda the day before I committed to buy, and I knew about it from edmunds.com before he did, but he adjusted the price to include the incentive, again without complaint. Just be sure to check out the current incentives yourself, in case a new one comes out that the salesman is not aware of.

Roy Watkins at San Leandro gets a special mention for being on top of things. Not only was he right there with one of the best two initial offers, he also let me know instantly when Honda released the new incentive and provided a new quote to include that incentive. If he had had a white car in stock, I definitely would have bought the car from him. San Leandro also has a great parts department that does mail order nationwide.

My friend bought his car from Teddy Corpuz at Hayward Honda, and had good things to say about him. Unfortunately Teddy's email was not working when I was trying to locate my car so I was unable to deal with him.

Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale never got back to me with a quote.

Anderson, Dublin, Stevens Creek, and Los Gatos all gave me initial quotes that were $2000 higher than Fremont and San Leandro's quotes.

James Lee's quote from Menlo Honda was on the high side as well, but he seemed eager to help, and wanted to know what my purchase price was so that he could improve his offers for other customers. So I give him points for that, it's worth contacting him if Menlo Park is nearby.

Damien at Mike Harvey Honda claimed "we have the vehicle in stock". However, it was not the color I requested in the quote, and he tried to tell me that there were no more white S2000s in the entire state. I found two at other dealers in the bay area, and bought one of them. His price was also about $1500 high.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Stay away from Capitol Honda
They're crooks
Old 09-12-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by macr88,Sep 12 2006, 04:58 PM
Stay away from Capitol Honda
They're crooks
lol true
Old 09-12-2006, 07:45 PM

I found Honda of Oakland pretty good. I actually used the edmunds.com feature where you can request quotes from dealers in your area for the Pilot I just got 3 weeks ago. Honda of Oakland matched the lowest one (almost $4K under invoice.)
Old 09-13-2006, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by jasonwang99,Sep 12 2006, 07:45 PM
I found Honda of Oakland pretty good. I actually used the edmunds.com feature where you can request quotes from dealers in your area for the Pilot I just got 3 weeks ago. Honda of Oakland matched the lowest one (almost $4K under invoice.)
almost $4K under invoice--

Are you serious, how is this possible to buy a new S2K $4k under invoice, under invoice is common, but not $4K under?
Old 09-13-2006, 10:19 AM

$4K under invoice for my PILOT
Old 09-13-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jasonwang99,Sep 12 2006, 07:45 PM
That's because Pilots have over $1000 holdback and $3000 cash back to dealer. =D This rule does not apply to S2000, but all the 06's currently have $750 back I believe.

Quick Reply: Who is the best Dealership in Bay Area?