California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

While eating my hot dog, guess who's s2000 i saw

Old 10-11-2006, 07:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well the thing is that i used to leave my car in gear back when i had my miata. and then after 3 years the transmission went funky on me. so when i heard it from the dealership i made myself get out of the habit of leaving in gear. anyway, i dont get my brakes super hot so that i cant pull the ebrake.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that happend to me on my own damm driveway!!!!

but didnt get far since i had a bad feeling and turn around and jump in and pulled the e-brake higher.

FU<KING SCARY!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shotiable,Oct 11 2006, 07:54 AM
well the thing is that i used to leave my car in gear back when i had my miata. and then after 3 years the transmission went funky on me.
Those two things are not related. The person at your dealership was crazy. Usually you never talk to a mechanic, you talk to a service writer. Please don't be crazy and get mad at people for leaving your car in gear because your sevice writer was crazy.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:57 AM

good point... in that case i really won't believe the guy i talked to, he was a sales rep... thats even worse than talking to a service rep.... blech... damn dealerships! god! i cant stand how my dealeship's ad is right above this comment box that i'm writing in... geez!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm actually eating a hot dog at lunch right now reading your story - really made me laugh...hahaha - Thanks!

Your story has great timing as it reminded me of a VERY embarassing and similiar situation I had in college with my Eclipse GST. The big difference is that ironically it was being left in 1st gear that got me in big trouble. Parked on a flat road with the E-brake on too!

The car was parked in front of a popular circle lot on campus at Purdue in front of a building called Class of 50. Anyways there are TONS of students that walk by this circle lot since most people drop off students in this area so its' not an area you want to do something embarassing!

Well seems my buddy was checking out my ride and left it in first gear to be "safe". Of course I didn't know this and while we were standing around waiting for someone, they asked me to remote start the car from a distance and of course I was happy to oblige! I hit the button and immediately the car lurches forward and starts creeping forward choking and stuttering as it moved a bit, died, restarted and kept going a few feet each time! I ran as FAST as I could to the car which was about 25 feet away. My buddies tried to hold the car by pushin on the front bumper to no avail. There was as parked SUV about 100 feet away and by this time everyone was looking at me. I made it to the door, it was locked so struggled to get it unlocked and jumped in just in time to hit the brake pedal with my leg to kill the car b4 it hit anyone!

This story almost made the school paper I think but that was the FIRST AND LAST time I ever will put a remote start in a manual tranny car....hahaha

rk
Old 10-11-2006, 12:30 PM

how ironic... man i wanna have a hotdog for lunch now... i think i'ma go to safeway to get some hotdogs and buns!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:24 PM

Old 10-11-2006, 07:20 PM

This story makes me want to try a Top Dog hot dog.

s4 - that story was quite amusing, too. Thank you for that.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:53 PM

Try the spicy chicken one at Top Dog. I can't remember what they call it right now. It's great.

And NEVER listen to a salesman about anything technical in regards to a car. They're low paid douchebags. You should always leave your car in gear when you park it even if the ground looks level. Leave it in first if your car is pointing uphill and in reverse if it's pointing downhill. Then pull your handbrake too.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:10 PM

there is no spicy chicken...there is lemon chicken, apple chicken, and hten theres the hot link

anywho

BEST Part of the story, so same night i post this thread i IM my H.S. buddy from Los Angels who also has an s2k.

the NEXT DAY he calls me to tell me he did the same exact thing infront of a buddys house LOL

Quick Reply: While eating my hot dog, guess who's s2000 i saw