California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Where is Spunky?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8' timestamp='1332866685' post='21548323
[quote name='spunkysandoval' timestamp='1332861064' post='21547967']
It seems that this has become an annual tradition for me. I've been in San Jose for fender work on easter for the past two years LOL. My wife was pissed this time, I completely forgot about easter again this year. It was a challenge to smooth things over, but all is ok now and I'm no longer snuggling my pillow on the couch

See you all very soon !
long time!

You're not still in SD area are you?
Not any longer, I've moved to Temecula from OC. I haven't lived in SD for a few years. I started a new position with SDG&E operating their power plants so I bought a place in Temecula. It's much closer to work than it would have been if I stayed in OC.This is a small town, but were really liking it for family life. Lots of young families and the housing is very affordable. Best part of all is now where within 1 hour of pretty much all of So Cal.
[/quote]

Nice! Temecula is affordable, but it's far from everything unless you work nearby. I'm surprised there's even work/companies nearby tbh. I figured it was one of those remote cities that people lived in, but knowingly and willingly commuted 60 miles to work.

Glad to hear all is well! Next time you head up to OC, hit me up. I live in LA now but I frequent OC a lot.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mooseman
Hey Spencer, looks like your PM box is full so I'm just going to post here for you or anyone else to chime in.

I'm looking to put some rpf1 17x9 all around and need to know what kinda of set up I will need. I'm currently on the UK spec alignment and plan to be on the same alignment after I adjust the ride height from stock wheels to the rpf1s. As of now, I'm going to roll all 4 fenders on our fender rolling day in the bay, and do a rear tab relocation myself. For the rears, I definitely want 255/40 tires, but not too sure what I need for the front. I don't want to flare the fenders and I don't want the stretched tire look either or poke. So my question is with about .5-1" gap all around, what is the meatest tire I can fit in the fronts without rubbing, 225, 235, or 245? I have Buddy Club N+ Coilovers and the tires I'm looking to buy are Dunlop Z1 Star Specs. The rear camber (currently -2.6) seems to be fine for the set up, but how about the front (currently -1.0)?

Also another question, will I have to get rid or the wheel well liner (the big thing that protects and lines the whole wheel well) for the roll? I understand that the fender liners (the small black thing around the lip of the fender) will have to go.

Edit: Or perhaps should I go with a 245/40 all around to increase the longevity of the tires with rotations. Star specs are quite expensive
i think you're referring to Isaac haha. there's no spencer here!
for .5-1 inch drop + 17x9 + -1.0 camber on N+, you will rub depending on how you drive. if you like to be worry free of any rubs/fender damage, you'd probably want to raise your car a bit; at least in the front. if you want to drive low and slow, then you can go as low as you want haha.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
Originally Posted by Mooseman' timestamp='1332927808' post='21551134
Hey Spencer, looks like your PM box is full so I'm just going to post here for you or anyone else to chime in.

I'm looking to put some rpf1 17x9 all around and need to know what kinda of set up I will need. I'm currently on the UK spec alignment and plan to be on the same alignment after I adjust the ride height from stock wheels to the rpf1s. As of now, I'm going to roll all 4 fenders on our fender rolling day in the bay, and do a rear tab relocation myself. For the rears, I definitely want 255/40 tires, but not too sure what I need for the front. I don't want to flare the fenders and I don't want the stretched tire look either or poke. So my question is with about .5-1" gap all around, what is the meatest tire I can fit in the fronts without rubbing, 225, 235, or 245? I have Buddy Club N+ Coilovers and the tires I'm looking to buy are Dunlop Z1 Star Specs. The rear camber (currently -2.6) seems to be fine for the set up, but how about the front (currently -1.0)?

Also another question, will I have to get rid or the wheel well liner (the big thing that protects and lines the whole wheel well) for the roll? I understand that the fender liners (the small black thing around the lip of the fender) will have to go.

Edit: Or perhaps should I go with a 245/40 all around to increase the longevity of the tires with rotations. Star specs are quite expensive
i think you're referring to Isaac haha. there's no spencer here!
for .5-1 inch drop + 17x9 + -1.0 camber on N+, you will rub depending on how you drive. if you like to be worry free of any rubs/fender damage, you'd probably want to raise your car a bit; at least in the front. if you want to drive low and slow, then you can go as low as you want haha.
Haha sorry, my bad Isaac.
Perhaps more camber in the front and a tiny bit of a raise will prevent rubbing or damage? I am new the wheels game so sorry for being a noob but how much camber in the front would you suggest? I daily the S with the occasional spirited run and I plan to autox this summer.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mooseman
Haha sorry, my bad Isaac.
Perhaps more camber in the front and a tiny bit of a raise will prevent rubbing or damage? I am new the wheels game so sorry for being a noob but how much camber in the front would you suggest? I daily the S with the occasional spirited run and I plan to autox this summer.
YGPM
Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hanzel28
Originally Posted by Mooseman' timestamp='1332294425' post='21528573
Count me in!

Edit: Does this also include tab relocation?

It does not include tab relocation.
how much is it for rear tab relocation? can i have it done the same day i get my fenders rolled? if i'm going to de-virginize my fenders, might as well go all out.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by toekneedahtiger
Originally Posted by Hanzel28' timestamp='1332295705' post='21528636
[quote name='Mooseman' timestamp='1332294425' post='21528573']
Count me in!

Edit: Does this also include tab relocation?

It does not include tab relocation.
how much is it for rear tab relocation? can i have it done the same day i get my fenders rolled? if i'm going to de-virginize my fenders, might as well go all out.
[/quote]

We can ask Spunky that day im sure he will be able to do it.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM

^I'd like a tab relocation also if Spunky has time and willing to do it.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 PM

Let me email him and ill get back to you guys about it.

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 AM
jza

Please let us know about the tab relocation.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by jza
Please let us know about the tab relocation.
Tab relocation is included with the roll.

Quick Reply: Where is Spunky?