California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Where are all the nice SJ girls?

Old 12-05-2002, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all the nice SJ girls?

I'm frustrated...

As you all know my wife and I moved up here late October. We've been trying to get settled in and adjusted to the new surroundings. Since I work all the time, my wife has found a part time job. It seems to me that many of the people here are messed up.

My wife has pointed out that I am quite boring. I don't know, I kinda enjoy coming home and relaxing after spending hours at work. I'm told I have to go out and have fun. Why can't I have fun at home?

Anyhow... The girls my wife has met are really messed up, they're either drug addicts, kleptomaniacs, or flakes. I think my wife is nice, friendly and kind. I don't understand why other girls don't call her back and stuff. Today she was crying because she has no friends. She calls this one girl she met 5 days in a row and the girl never even called back. Even our neighbor said he'd call her and take her shopping and he never called back.

Where can my wife meet a girl who will be a true friend to her that she can chat over coffee with or call her back to let her feel like she has friends.

I'm sure you've all seen my wife's web site from my other posts.

Is something wrong with her? http://www.anzhelika.com
Old 12-05-2002, 08:25 PM

mmm.. you should tell your wife that she should try to make friends so hard, cuz when you do that you'll force yourself to be friends with someone that you normally wouldn't.. and it probably won't end up very nice. plus, friends come with time... so give it some time. she should get a hobby in the meantime, it's a good way to meet new people that have the same interests as her. i like fiiiiiish. got me a 120 gal tank with some arowanas and siamese tigers in there! but hey if she doesn't like fish, you should get her into something.. a sport.. random hobbies... take her to a luncheon with other s2k owners and yea.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:43 PM

I don't think she should worry about it...friends'll come...

Take her out to something nice--I think that's what she's really trying to say
Old 12-05-2002, 08:46 PM

I just feel sad for her. I want her to be happy.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:52 PM

Take her to a show...Miss Saigon might still be in town...
Old 12-05-2002, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marcus, just curious where does your wife meet these girls? I've met your wife and she seems pretty nice. Souljah has a point though that friends will come in time. Too bad you and your wife can't make it tomorrow night so you can meet the rest of the bay area folks, I'm bringing Len with me.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:10 PM

Yeah... druggies are flakes. If they flake like that and all , then they aren't true friends. If you two want you guys can hang out with my friends and I. We're are a very diverse group of people that are pretty friendly(guys and girls) . Drop me a PM and i'll give you my number to u two can hang out with us. We usually party of weekends... go to bars sometimes on thursdays..reason being is because most of my friends work and some are still in school. Let me know... always open to meet peeps.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by hyperpm
Marcus, just curious where does your wife meet these girls? I've met your wife and she seems pretty nice. Souljah has a point though that friends will come in time. Too bad you and your wife can't make it tomorrow night so you can meet the rest of the bay area folks, I'm bringing Len with me.
Heh heh....we should form a wives/girlfriends of S2000-owners support group
Old 12-05-2002, 09:26 PM

Marcus... how you doing man. I think that's a very nice website, I haven't seen that one before. Tell your wife I said hi. I agree with Souljah in that your wife needs to figure out something that she likes to do and get involved with a club/group of people that all like doing that. You can go looking for friendships, just like you can't go looking for love. It just doesn't come along *properly* when you're looking hard. And if your wife can't think of anything specific she likes, I suggest she go down to the nearest bookstore to look around for something that inspires her.

I also think it would be a great idea to help your wife to see what red flags she should be looking for in her quest for new friends. Things that say "Don't befriend this person". You know.

Good luck!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marcus, your wife is just screaming for attention. If you're totally dead tired from work, throw her the keys to your car... ha ha... SJ can be sorta boring... how old are you two by the way? I might be able to hook you guys up with nice people!

Quick Reply: Where are all the nice SJ girls?