California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Wheel Shop to fix bend? And possibly powder coat?

Old 01-08-2014, 12:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheel Shop to fix bend? And possibly powder coat?

Wheels and Tires1. Auto Innovations Milpitas (408) 956-8004
2.The Shop San Bruno (650) 624-7467

I saw these 2 but if you have any others, especially where I can have it done in one stop I'd appreciate it.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure those shops don't offer the service that you're looking for. Memoryfab would be your 1 stop shop for wheel repair and powdercoating. It's a flat rate.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

most shops do contract out wheel repair and powdercoating. not sure about Memoryfab. They might do repairs in house, but most likely don't do their own coating. They're one of the newer kids on the block that a lot of the Stunce and jJDM fanboy crowd use.

Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara has been around for a while and probably has the best rep in the Bay Area. Wheels America in Union City supposedly does decent work, but it's a lower budget operation. I considered both years ago to repair a "JDM" wheel that my friend curbed on my first car. I ended up having my friend send it down to Mag Masters in SoCal, which did an excellent job. Unfortunately, even with the growth of the car scene, there aren't too many shops I really trust here in NorCal. One good thing you have going for you is that your wheel has a polished lip, so it won't need colormatching.

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheel techniques is overpriced and their rep has totally gone down. There has been numerous complaints on other forums and yelp. I would stay away. Rite-way wire and wheel in Walnut Creek would be another good option.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So basically I should remove my tire, drop the wheel off and then do my powder coating separate from the fix? Thank you for your responses.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1
Wheel techniques is overpriced and their rep has totally gone down. There has been numerous complaints on other forums and yelp. I would stay away. Rite-way wire and wheel in Walnut Creek would be another good option.
Wish I could offer a good recommendation. I just have to say Amen to the bad press that Wheel Techniques has earned. The last time I took a wheel to them, I was told I had to prepay for the work. The fact that they would be holding my wheel didn't mean anything to them. I walked away with my scratched wheel and kept it as a spare.
Tom
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Wheel Techniques does good work.

Nothing wrong with pre-paying since there are people who decide they don't want the wheel after they spend the time/labor to fix it so I can see where they are coming from on a business end.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 01-17-2014, 04:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroBoutique
Wheel Techniques does good work.

Nothing wrong with pre-paying since there are people who decide they don't want the wheel after they spend the time/labor to fix it so I can see where they are coming from on a business end.
I didn't want to be in a position of receiving a wheel that was not done well and being told to take it or leave it. An offer to make a 50% down payment was not available. Good business decision for me to walk away..