California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Whats up Bay area

Old 05-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up Bay area

Well i am new to the area and was just curious to what the scene is like out here (San Francisco). Like where is it even safe an not safe to park your car. So far i've seen that people out here or at least the street i stay on, they like to play bumper cars when they park. I stay in Cole Valley and parking sucks and to rent a garage its like $300.00 A MONTH. I hear stories of people parking up to 8 blocks from where they live or work. In Daygo (San Diego) you want your car to get messed with if you do that. and also if you guys have a local hangout where you get together once a week. Something we do in Daygo, So whats up.... Still deciding if i should even bring my car out....
Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 PM

Yo..... Local events

Parking outside depends on where u live in the area. Just like everywhere. Within SF your asking for trouble if u leave it out.

Welcome and be sure to come out on Friday night and introduce yourself.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

san francisco is not s2k friendly if you park your car outside on a consistent basis. it will get broken into or stolen regardless of location. and you will definitely swap paint with all the tight parallel parking on hillsides. also, the roads are riddled with pot holes, thats what happens when gavin newsome decides gay rights and heroin addict shelters are more important than basic infrastructure.

my suggestion, either get the garage, or buy a used a battled tested corolla. it will save you a lot of heartache and stress. i am always nervous when i park my car overnight in the city.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by trainwreck,May 27 2010, 01:10 PM
san francisco is not s2k friendly if you park your car outside on a consistent basis. it will get broken into or stolen regardless of location. and you will definitely swap paint with all the tight parallel parking on hillsides. also, the roads are riddled with pot holes, thats what happens when gavin newsome decides gay rights and heroin addict shelters are more important than basic infrastructure.

my suggestion, either get the garage, or buy a used a battled tested corolla. it will save you a lot of heartache and stress. i am always nervous when i park my car overnight in the city.
I never park my car in SF on the street. It's that simple. Do and you'll pay.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM

Pretty much what they said. Parking in SF is a pain and it's most of the time street parking. If you want a garage, it'll be at least 300/month. Price of living in the city.

Side note, why do people say "Daygo" for San Diego.. it's like saying "Frisko" for San Francisco. Sounds so ghetto. If you're lazy, then just call it SD and SF.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:08 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up... Guess Muni it is. But i'm still looking forward to coming out and checking out the seen first hand and meeting you guys.....
Side note, why do people say San Jose/SF/The OC/San Diego. Sounds so lame. If your trying to brag about living with your parents just say you follow your parents around Califorina. And when did Orange County become "The OC".... And if I were to say "Frisko, I'd spell it "Frisco"...Frisko just looks sooo ghetto. And on a good note; I love your daddy's or boyfriends cars, they have great taste. I'm gonna love "The S.F"!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,May 27 2010, 01:21 PM
Side note, why do people say "Daygo" for San Diego.. it's like saying "Frisko" for San Francisco. Sounds so ghetto. If you're lazy, then just call it SD and SF.

EXACTLYYY!!!

haha. i live in SF, and have not experienced bumper to bumper parking. however, the area i live in has driveways etc so the spaces aren't long enough for 2 or more cars to fit. i keep my car outside sometimes, but i don't worry much, cuz if you can steal my car, you can has it... LOL but with an s2k i would suggest you keep it inside. if you park in the same spot consistently, it will get stolen. =X maybe look for a place with a garage? or move a little south where housing with a garage is cheaper. anyways, welcome, and good luck!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by shaft_9,May 27 2010, 02:08 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up... Guess Muni it is. But i'm still looking forward to coming out and checking out the seen first hand and meeting you guys.....
Side note, why do people say San Jose/SF/The OC/San Diego. Sounds so lame. If your trying to brag about living with your parents just say you follow your parents around Califorina. And when did Orange County become "The OC".... And if I were to say "Frisko, I'd spell it "Frisco"...Frisko just looks sooo ghetto. And on a good note; I love your daddy's or boyfriends cars, they have great taste. I'm gonna love "The S.F"!!!!
hmm, neither of those cars are/were her dad or bfs... o_O hate when people assume that.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,May 27 2010, 01:08 PM
Pretty much what they said. Parking in SF is a pain and it's most of the time street parking. If you want a garage, it'll be at least 300/month. Price of living in the city.

Originally Posted by shaft_9,May 27 2010, 01:08 PM
Uh oh...

Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jenn_bat,May 27 2010, 02:14 PM
hmm, neither of those cars are/were her dad or bfs... o_O hate when people assume that.
word! don't assume anything.

Quick Reply: Whats up Bay area