California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Whatch out... AP1 set of wheels stolen

Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a cocktail with him
Old 04-03-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ash,Apr 3 2008, 07:52 PM
welp... one of the pictures looked familiar so I cruised around the area.... sure enough...

I think I actually saw him too.

the whole bit is amusing....
You must be a nice guy to keep your cool like this.

I'd be out there tonight, with a knife, I'd have slashed his tires and pretty designs in his paint.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 PM

I'd get more creative actually, I'd buy a puma and keep it hungry for two weeks, and then lock it into his car.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by danvuquoc,Apr 3 2008, 09:21 PM
I'd get more creative actually, I'd buy a puma and keep it hungry for two weeks, and then lock it into his car.
i think you have been watching to much talladega nights
Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by danvuquoc,Apr 3 2008, 09:21 PM
LMAO
Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by danvuquoc,Apr 3 2008, 06:31 PM
I had emailed him asking if the rims were still available. He said he sold them yesterday.

pengtaing@yahoo.com
wow, what moron spent $400 on ap1 rims. you've gotta be kidding me.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Ash

Ok.... so the situation is like this:

Fact: Based on the pictures and where I located them taken from, the guy lives less than a quarter mile from me.
Analysis: This guy is a dumbass, stealing from people in his own neighborhood, but, then again we knew that in stealing AP1 rims. Either way, this comes with alot of baggage; lowering property value in your own neighborhood, open for retaliation etc.

Fact: He stole my wheels
Analysis: He can possibly do it again, or mess with one of my other cars, or mess with my house, or mess with my family. I realize this, but at the same time, refuse to live in the fear of it, and I realize(or hope) that there is a huge difference between a punk ricer messing with a car, and anything along the lines(and police response) of burglary. In the end, I know where he lives too.

Fact: I've already settled with my insurance
Analysis: While it might look sketchy if they got stolen again, I'll likely go get some locking nuts to save me the hassle of doing this again, I couldn't really be happier with the insurance settlement.

Fact: $400 rims
Analysis: I've had the car for well over 5 years now.... if $400 was a breaker even when I bought the car, I really had no business buying it. Add on top of that, I still have the backup set.

Fact: I have a pretty good idea who it is
Analysis: I can turn over what information that comes up in the spirit of being a good citizen to the authorities, and this will be a good indicator if I move out within 2 years or 5 years. I'll have done, and so has everyone who has contributed to this thread, possibly more than the authorities have to be good citizens.

Fact: S2ki.com and the forums are still great
Analysis: anything that I discuss on here is still public, and I could get in trouble if someone thinks I wasted my time trying to get revenge on the guy.

So with all of that..... thanks everyone for the help, the research, the amusement of some of the comments and support. I know I haven't had the time lately to visit or contribute here much, I still hope to have the car for long time and hopefully I'll be able to contribute back to it some time in the future.

If he does it again, I might be asking for phone numbers and arranging a "meet."
Old 04-04-2008, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ash,Apr 4 2008, 03:14 AM

Fact: Based on the pictures and where I located them taken from, the guy lives less than a quarter mile from me.
Analysis: This guy is a dumbass, stealing from people in his own neighborhood, but, then again we knew that in stealing AP1 rims. Either way, this comes with alot of baggage; lowering property value in your own neighborhood, open for retaliation etc.

Analysis: He can possibly do it again, or mess with one of my other cars, or mess with my house, or mess with my family. I realize this, but at the same time, refuse to live in the fear of it, and I realize(or hope) that there is a huge difference between a punk ricer messing with a car, and anything along the lines(and police response) of burglary. In the end, I know where he lives too.

Analysis: While it might look sketchy if they got stolen again, I'll likely go get some locking nuts to save me the hassle of doing this again, I couldn't really be happier with the insurance settlement.

Analysis: I've had the car for well over 5 years now.... if $400 was a breaker even when I bought the car, I really had no business buying it. Add on top of that, I still have the backup set.

Analysis: I can turn over what information that comes up in the spirit of being a good citizen to the authorities, and this will be a good indicator if I move out within 2 years or 5 years. I'll have done, and so has everyone who has contributed to this thread, possibly more than the authorities have to be good citizens.

Analysis: anything that I discuss on here is still public, and I could get in trouble if someone thinks I wasted my time trying to get revenge on the guy.

So with all of that..... thanks everyone for the help, the research, the amusement of some of the comments and support. I know I haven't had the time lately to visit or contribute here much, I still hope to have the car for long time and hopefully I'll be able to contribute back to it some time in the future.

If he does it again, I might be asking for phone numbers and arranging a "meet."
That really is quite the pickle, unfortunately if I were in your place, I'd have to do something, even if it's going to the police. Even if he doesn't get charged with anything, as long as they ask questions. He might be young enough and petty enough for it to scare him. If we do absolutely nothing, it's just another notch in his thief belt. He now knows he can steal S2000 wheels, and can sell them for $400, and knows he can do it again with no problem. He may just take your future wheels or even your seats next time. These thieves are the reason why our insurance premiums are so high! Our resource here as a community is the help we can lend one another. I'd say contact the police about the theft, even if you already have claimed insurance on them.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ash,Apr 4 2008, 04:14 AM

Fact insurance gives you $600+ a wheel
Old 04-04-2008, 07:00 AM

I would still do something as well. The police might be willing to at least go question him or something. That would show the guy that someone figured out where he lived

Quick Reply: Whatch out... AP1 set of wheels stolen