California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

What are you lowered on?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rydelow
Angles are your friend. If you can't take angles going up your driveway, don't lower your car
I'm not sure any angle is possible lol
At first I thought why is he taking a picture of his walkway
Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angles are your friend. If you can't take angles going up your driveway, don't lower your car
i go up in an angle from the side walk. I have an extra board rectulagar board where i could put at the side walk to go up. my main concern is if I would be stuck while going up fully, cause from the small hill to the actual garage, its about 75 degree angle. when i first moved into this house, I tried to go up without the board but instead I was pretty much stuck right in the middle scrapping somewhere underneath my car

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Originally Posted by scai103' timestamp='1333926002' post='21588162
quick question since i'm a total newbie as well with car scene...

anyways, i'm planning to save up on kw v3; is it possible to adjust the height by yourself or you need a professional to do it?

i've decided to push back on my investment on rims and go low (probably 1 inch since my garage has a REALLY steep hill and I already need wooden block to support myself to get into the garage) first before getting rims since many of you guys (VU) said it will look funky without the car being lowered.

here how my garage looks like. It a little bit more steep then whats on the picture since I'm too lazy right now to go down stair to actually take a picture of it.

Also, if anyone wanna do me a HUGE ass favor, BOBA and Popcorn chicken on me

if anyone whose S is lowered at 1.5 inches or 1 inch wanna come to my house and try to get up my drive way would be really helpful, so I would know if I should go 1.5 or just 1
With enough boards I'm sure you can work that out. The problem with your driveway is that you can't take it at any sort of angle. You should repave that thing, see what SF city says.
repaving the driveway should cost about few grands and I don't have that much =( and I don't want my parents to spend that much as well. i'll give you guys a hint of where i live. its near 3rd street, and of course i aint gonna park my car out on the street LOL. my dad's car got hit on the first night we moved into this house, and we only have 1 way for his car.

Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1333930253' post='21588294
the angle really isn't the problem lol, i'm just concern about the 75ish degree angle from the drive way to inside the garage.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:56 PM

Here are a few more picture I just took after I got my lazy ass off the chair...

and yes, I've tried to park backward which was a fail.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by macr88
Originally Posted by rydelow' timestamp='1333928484' post='21588225
he posted the pic after I said that. Yea doesnt make sense till now lol

If you go 1" no front lip and no rear diffuser you should be fine. I think chVIETnk's driveway is worse than yours and he's slammed. Hmmmm lol
Old 04-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh ooops
Old 04-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Someone wanna test out my garage for me<3. Boba, popcorn chicken, and egg puffs on me!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scai103
Someone wanna test out my garage for me<3. Boba, popcorn chicken, and egg puffs on me!
I know my car can't make it on 2" drop. I think 1" can barely make it, without scraping. I don't park bother parking on driveway anymore, don't want to wake up the neighbors, cats,dogs, gophers etc like wtf is that sound!!??? KkrkKKRRkkkRRrrrrscrape!!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by scai103
get coilovers and you can adjust it to your liking so you can clear your driveway instead of someone else scraping their car so you can justify lowering your car or not

It's part of the game. I've scraped frame a couple times when I was at no finger gap. That was fun lol
Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by scai103' timestamp='1333939683' post='21588705
get coilovers and you can adjust it to your liking so you can clear your driveway instead of someone else scraping their car so you can justify lowering your car or not

It's part of the game. I've scraped frame a couple times when I was at no finger gap. That was fun lol
Am I able to adjust it myself or do I need a profession to do it lol
Old 04-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scai103' timestamp='1333939683' post='21588705

I was gonna volunteer but after seeing that pic I'm bailing out. Lol no boba and popcorn chicken is worth me getting stuck on your driveway.

Quick Reply: What are you lowered on?