California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

What are you lowered on?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for chiming in guys. Yes, this will be DIY, I previously installed the Espelir springs. Suspension is one of those components that you don't want to cheap out on. I'm going to wait and save some up to get something I won't regret (nothing in Mac's ballpark tho). As far as Koni's I'm familiar with them, I had those on my Accord with Eibach springs that I used to DD.

Keep the feedback coming guys! Thanks!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might be able to get away with the Bilstein PSS. It's like the PSS9 without the 9 way dampening adjustability. I've ridden in an S with PSS and it was pretty comfy. We were actually on Laguna Seca and I thought the PSS was pretty sweet. Ended up getting PSS9 on my s2k after that ride along.

Can be had for $1080

http://www.gtmotoring.com/product_in...roducts_id=847

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...oModClar=&cat=
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get bilsteins.

i run hks. super uncomfortable on san francisco streets.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Anyone have the buddy club? Heard nothing but good reviews on the n+
Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM

You might be able to look in to a used set of Zeal coilovers as well; Chris is running these right now.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

If I hadn't decided to open the horrific can of worms that is custom valving and spring rates, I would have gone with the KW v3s. Part of what makes them so comfortable makes less ideal for maximum grip on the track, but they seem to be a quality overall set. Instead I bought Mac's modified Bilsteins and we're working on fine-tuning the valving, measuring bump travel, etc. It's fun but I wouldn't do it if it was my only car, or if I didn't have Mac to help me through the process.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM

I have kw v3, It's day and night difference between stocks and these coils. I wouldn't recommend cheap coils
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have HKS Hipermax 3's on my AP1. It was used mainly for spirited drives and daily driving. I don't think my back has fully recovered yet from the harsh ride. They performed really well, though. It's been said that they are neck-to-neck with the KWV3's in performance (according to Maxrev / Evasive with back-to-back testing.) The KWV3's offer similar performance at a greater ride comfort, though.

I eventually switched over to PSS9's which did not compare well to the Hipermax 3's in performance, but were so much easier to live with daily. I think the spring rate is similar to the stock CR spring rates. The PSS9's were very good quality for the cheap price, too. I've been in cars with cheaper coil over systems (Stance, BC) and they seem to have a harsh ride for little performance gains. The PSS9's would be the lowest I would go for a budget coilover set up unless all you care about is going low for cheap. (The PSS9's do not allow you to 'hellaflush' your car.)

If I could do it all over again, I would opt for the KWV3's. They offer a ton of performance and 'adjustability' that won't destroy your spine.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Thanks again for all the feedback. I've been lurking in the suspension forum checking out reviews and suggestions. I'm gonna save up in the meantime until I'm set on what to get.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 AM

BTW, does anyone know the spring rates for the KW V3 and the Bilsteins off the top of their heads?

Quick Reply: What are you lowered on?