California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

What are you lowered on?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What are you lowered on?

Need some opinions on what you guys are lowered on. I'm currently lowered on Espelir springs on stock shocks. They are great for DD but lately I've been doing more mountain runs and the back road runs and I feel that they are too soft for me.

So please let me know what you are lowered on (springs, coilovers, etc), spring rates (if you know them) and if you daily your S or if it is a weekend warrior or track monster. I don't think I'll see much track time, my S is a weekend warrior, and I'd like to spend no more than ~$1K.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend to start looking in the Racing & Competition forums for some intel on the different kinds of coilover setups. Without going too much in detail & putting in consideration your budget; I would begin your search on Bilstein PSS9, HKS Hypermax III, Tein Monoflex & maybe KWv2 or v3. These coilovers will be suitable for street, mountains & track without breaking the bank too much. Youre probably going to be looking for a used set with $1K.

The next phase up from upgrades springs would be to look into upgrading your shocks or you can go one step up & start over with a coilover system which will give you more adjustability range & options for your setup.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cheng, my Bilstein PSS9's have been treating me exceptionally well for my weekend warrior. I have zero complaints with them. I bought them used (off Rydelow), and have zero issues with them (roughly 60k on them by now). Should be in your ballpark (used) too, or a little over new.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:40 PM

Thanks JP. I looked into the KWs, Bilsteins, HKS....they are a bit out of my budget and I don't plan to get into tracking or need the top of the line stuff. I am however considering coilovers for more adjustability. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for a used set in the meantime.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Cheng, my Bilstein PSS9's have been treating me exceptionally well for my weekend warrior. I have zero complaints with them. I bought them used (off Rydelow), and have zero issues with them (roughly 60k on them by now). Should be in your ballpark (used) too, or a little over new.
Glad they're still going strong Brian

I run on KW V3's daily and spirited runs. My gf said if I was back on stock springs and shocks. I was like no. She said they feel like a regular car LOL. GF approved and handles great. A little out of your price range but I think they'll fit your needs of what you're looking for.

Fujin bought V3's after I gave him a test ride in my car. Where you at Nate? Chime in lol
Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM

Cheng, I'll help you interrogate/water-board Ramon so he'll spill what he's using lol
Old 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by whiteflash

sounds good Brian....Long time, how've you been?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by rydelow
Originally Posted by whiteflash' timestamp='1333413603' post='21569191
Glad they're still going strong Brian

I run on KW V3's daily and spirited runs. My gf said if I was back on stock springs and shocks. I was like no. She said they feel like a regular car LOL. GF approved and handles great. A little out of your price range but I think they'll fit your needs of what you're looking for.

Fujin bought V3's after I gave him a test ride in my car. Where you at Nate? Chime in lol

Nice! These are pricey, but like they say, you get what you pay for....
Old 04-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

save your money for a nice coilover like kw3...
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 PM

Im running PSS9's....good quality,well made...I use them for track and street and I think they are a good compromise. With the condition of the roads around here I dont think I would want to go for much of a harder ride.
I hit a pot hole the other day that was so big it had its own zip code....almost tore my wheels off.

Quick Reply: What are you lowered on?