California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

What have been your Favorite & Least Favorite Mods to your S?

Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it & dislike it: C-West side skirts, sometimes I love the way it looks, sometimes it's just eh.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fave: Advan RZ's, exhaust, suspenion
least: that i had to install a softop back into it
Old 03-04-2014, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my weak ass f@#king speakers
Old 03-04-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Favorite: Greddy SE Single exhaust. (sounds awesome top down and butt dyno is happy)
Least Favorite: Greddy SE Single exhaust. Annoying to take off when going to Laguna Seca and can't hear my self think while driving on the highway.
It's a love and hate relationship
Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 AM

Favorite: SSR GT-7's in OEM wheel specs, Prototipo steering wheel and Modifry phone mount.
Least: Replica Mugen Hardtop (bought used; after one year all the bolts holding the top to the car stripped, and was never made to fit correctly.)
Old 03-04-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Favorite: K&N intake / Brian Crower cams / Comptech header / Flashpro / Blacktrax tune: ~25 peak horsepower boost over stock, no extra noise except under high load, passes smog. Like all NA mods, these things were expensive per horsepower but otherwise have had essentially zero downsides on street or track. Can't say that about many mods.

Least Favorite: Litespec Titanium exhaust. Zero problems, it made power, and it shaved 40 pounds. But I just couldn't live with the volume. It gave me headaches and I had to wear earplugs on long drives and at the track. Not really the exhaust's fault as it was basically a straight pipe and it performed as designed. But I definitely overestimated how much noise I was willing to deal with.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chuhsi
Favorite - JDM OEM driver's side mirror for removing blind spot
i just saw a vendor selling those. do you like visibility with the convex shape? it makes objects look even farther away than they really are, right? i bought the convex driver and passenger mirrors from Moddiction a while ago, but haven't had the time to install them. i'm having second thoughts because they're blue tinted too (aren't available untinted)

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I've only done one mod so far, and that was to replace the stereo head unit, new door speakers, amps, and a footwell subwoofer. Well, that could be considered more than one mod depending on how you like to define it. I just call it a "stereo upgrade". Absolutely love it, and seeing as how it's my only mod, it's definitely my favorite
the OEM stereo system is definitely a weakspot and one of the first things i changed too. i wanted to do a footwell sub as well, but legroom is already scarce in the s2k. as mentioned, my gf and i roadtrip pretty often, so i took a pass on the sub.

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Favorite: K&N intake / Brian Crower cams / Comptech header / Flashpro / Blacktrax tune: ~25 peak horsepower boost over stock, no extra noise except under high load, passes smog. Like all NA mods, these things were expensive per horsepower but otherwise have had essentially zero downsides on street or track. Can't say that about many mods.

Least Favorite: Litespec Titanium exhaust. Zero problems, it made power, and it shaved 40 pounds. But I just couldn't live with the volume. It gave me headaches and I had to wear earplugs on long drives and at the track. Not really the exhaust's fault as it was basically a straight pipe and it performed as designed. But I definitely overestimated how much noise I was willing to deal with.
nice power mods you have there. i'm still getting used to the s2k's lack of power. i know it was never meant to live its life a quarter mile at a time, but i was an active drag racer in my younger years. having had boosted cars, i really miss the additional torque and hp. i keep going back and forth about supercharging my S. in the meantime, i plan on going a similar route w/a Flashpro and tune. possibly pick up a header. i know NA mods don't really do much for our cars, but not many other worthwhile bolt-ons out there.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have to finish up a project, but i reread my first reply and realize i didn't really stay with the spirit of the topic i presented, which is favorite & least favorite mods. looking back quickly, i think....

Favorite Mods: braking upgrades i mentioned, Buddy Club N1 coilovers, Modifry glovebox organizer, WASP Composite front lip protector

My HRE wheels probably made the biggest visual impact on my car. i like the look, but sometimes i miss the responsiveness of 17s. they're a little too dark for me too. i'm probably going to change the hardware to polished or gold ones. i'd really like to paint or powdercoat the centers purple (LAKERS fan), and polish the lips, but prob would be a bit much.

Least Favorite Mod: Modifry cup holder

It's a nice unit and was super easy to install, but it's not really positioned well if you have a passenger. It's uncomfortable for my gf, even when the unit is closed (it flips up and collapses).
Old 03-04-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
i have to finish up a project, but i reread my first reply and realize i didn't really stay with the spirit of the topic i presented, which is favorite & least favorite mods. looking back quickly, i think....

Favorite Mods: braking upgrades i mentioned, Buddy Club N1 coilovers, Modifry glovebox organizer, WASP Composite front lip protector

My HRE wheels probably made the biggest visual impact on my car. i like the look, but sometimes i miss the responsiveness of 17s. they're a little too dark for me too. i'm probably going to change the hardware to polished or gold ones. i'd really like to paint or powdercoat the centers purple (LAKERS fan), and polish the lips, but prob would be a bit much.

Least Favorite Mod: Modifry cup holder

It's a nice unit and was super easy to install, but it's not really positioned well if you have a passenger. It's uncomfortable for my gf, even when the unit is closed (it flips up and collapses).

PM me. I might have something your interested in!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:47 AM

Fav: buddy club n coilovers

Least fav: lowering springs (rsr then skunk2)

Moral if the story: save for coilovers, even used ones, dont go cheap with springs!

Not only will coilovers give you the exact ride height you want, which is good for performanace and looks, you can get the exact stiffness (spring rate and dampening) you want, which is good for performance and comfort. I have different settings for sporty driving, daily driving and road trip/wife in the car, haha.

Quick Reply: What have been your Favorite & Least Favorite Mods to your S?