California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

What attention does your car catch?

Old 05-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Wha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only had my S for about 3 months and got the "nice whip!" or the regular "Nice car!". When I was driving by a school I had a little kid crossing the street asking their parents "I want that car!". I remember when I pulled up to the a store I made eye contact with this girl (she was, say 20...ish?) and right before she got into the passenger side of a benz she gave me a thumbs up, than I was getting a...I would say a "mad" stare from the driver's side haha.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 PM

I always get the comment "nice wheels". Too bad I don't remember what wheels they were talking about cus I had at least 8-9 sets lol

I usually get, "is that car fast"? I usually respond, "no, but I am" lol
Old 05-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by cyberdog
Originally Posted by Recruit555' timestamp='1336224558' post='21671802
I get the "cute" comment too. ><
Hell I call it cute myself. It's a cute car. I'm just glad I no longer get people trying to race me. All the attention it gets is from guys with Hondas, and bikers, who already know what it is and think it's a special car (which I have to agree with).

Super random... But today on 17 south to Santa Cruz... A guy on a R6 tapped his head, and a seconds later, CHP... Pretty sure he was warning me... I was going 55ish in the 40 zone... Conclusion... He must have an S!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:53 PM

On the first day of buying my car, I drove out to get some pizza parked in front of some hair salon place. Hairdresser comes out, "omg nice car!" ... rather funny considering convertibles are often referred to as a hairdressers' car.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:10 PM

A diesel tire.
It tweaked one of my fenders a little, took out my front lip, all the under water shielding on the passenger side is gone, and the under tray is banged up.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
I get a lot of attention no doubt. This happens everyday, a random dude pulls his cell phone and takes pictures of the car on the freeway while he is driving behind me,, when he comes next to my car he acts like he doesn't even care hahahaha this is a classic
Im almost positive this was me lol
Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 PM

mine was more of a beginner driver on a 97 infinity qx4. guy liked my car so much that he decided to back into it. now my type js bumper is cracked and headlight is pushed in and also fender is dented. sucks because i just got my car back from my own accident few months ago and now another accident happened all within 1 year of owning the car.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerZs2k
With the custom color that my S has. Its like some mercedes silver with a blue tint. so it looks girly. Golem can vouch for me also as he witnessed a middle aged woman who pointed out my S being cute, when he was parked directly in front of my S. Before that. In the time span of the 3 Years I been driving the S. either teenage girls or middle age women in their late 40's compliment my car as being "CUTE" ugh!!

I believe that if the S is suzuka blue or my color, its cute to either the younger crowd or older.

Mind you I have a pretty aggresive looking CF J's style half lip. and still the old ladies say its cute. FML!!
Bro, tell them how yesterday those guys in probably in their early 20s were asking if we did shit like in the Fast & the Furious - he was hella sincere too! hahahahahaha I was like, dude are you kidding me?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
Originally Posted by jerZs2k' timestamp='1336203759' post='21671503
With the custom color that my S has. Its like some mercedes silver with a blue tint. so it looks girly. Golem can vouch for me also as he witnessed a middle aged woman who pointed out my S being cute, when he was parked directly in front of my S. Before that. In the time span of the 3 Years I been driving the S. either teenage girls or middle age women in their late 40's compliment my car as being "CUTE" ugh!!

I believe that if the S is suzuka blue or my color, its cute to either the younger crowd or older.

Mind you I have a pretty aggresive looking CF J's style half lip. and still the old ladies say its cute. FML!!
Bro, tell them how yesterday those guys in probably in their early 20s were asking if we did shit like in the Fast & the Furious - he was hella sincere too! hahahahahaha I was like, dude are you kidding me?

My friend's call me "Johnny Tran" when i drive my s2 with my blue dragon helmet .... as soon as i get out of my car... i scream out "TORETTO"
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM

The S is far from a rolling riot.... I get a few comments but not like when she was new a decade ago.

Quick Reply: What attention does your car catch?