California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

well, guess i'll need an alignment.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj
Just take it off. If you really want to get an alignment then give Orlando a call @ autoinnovations located in Milpitas.

Originally Posted by logikbmb
Bump for Orlando and AI crew. These guys work their magic for alignments

Originally Posted by DaPhatty
+1 for Auto Innovations. They do it right!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scruztaylor
I've owned this car since december and found these today. Im going to need an alignment right? The car has almost 30k miles on it. Any way I can get the original dealership to pay for this? If not, you recommend any places to get it aligned? Thanks guys.
I wouldn't bother with the dealer, they'll probably remove them and then drive the car and give you the keys.

Were they on all four corners or just on one?

The guys at AI are great!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

30k miles... is that the new record or what?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill give auto innovations a call, thanks for the replies.

I don't think I beat the record fortunately, think I saw someone with 70,000 on their car till they found them. They were super easy to take off. Just jack up the car and pull them out.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hilarious!
+1 for AI
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

There's a special thread with nothing but people who had this happen to them. I remember it was one of the first things I read on S2ki. I got super paranoid and ran out to check my springs! Luckily I was all clear.

+1 for Auto Innovations.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got allignment at AI, they dont give warranty for s2k (wtf) just bcuz it has amuse kit , they said due to driving habits!!.
Both mercedes and s2k steering wheels are tilted left after allignment. Personally i will try blacktrax next time
Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
I got allignment at AI, they dont give warranty for s2k (wtf) just bcuz it has amuse kit , they said due to driving habits!!.
Both mercedes and s2k steering wheels are tilted left after allignment. Personally i will try blacktrax next time
i noticed my steering wheel is tilted left to...(normal), but then again, i might have a bent CA or something... and I wouldn't expect a warranty for alignment for custom alignments with different coil overs. sears, firestone, etc. will only provide warranty on unmodified stock height suspended cars.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
Maybe it's your tilted head

They do great alignments and if something's off then it's most likely an issue with your tires which boils down to driving habits or lack of maintenance like not getting it aligned after lowering it. How long has it been without an alignment?

I have the perfect place for you, they only charge a hundred and forty nine dollars for an alignment and they don't give you a warranty either. It's in mountain view let me know.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by macr88
I have the perfect place for you, they only charge a hundred and forty nine dollars for an alignment and they don't give you a warranty either. It's in mountain view let me know.
Sounds like SonicMS...

Quick Reply: well, guess i'll need an alignment.