California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

VSA light & ! on, not sure why ?!

Old 03-02-2014, 05:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default VSA light & ! on, not sure why ?!

Hey guys - long story short I ended up doing some work today and re-installed the soft top assembly. During this process the keys were in the ignition and the drivers door was open for a good 2-3 open hours while the car just beeped. Soft top got installed and ending working fine and then we put all the trim pieces and everything back into the car. Start it up and the VSA triangle and the VSA light are just staying on.

Tried a ecu reset by unplugging the battery for 15 seconds and plugging it back on. No change. I go to my buddies house and the car sat outside for a hour and then come back to turn it in. It stayed off for a couple of seconds and then came back on.

But why is my VSA and my traction control light on? (The light lettered "VSA" as well as the "triangle !" light.) Did I screw something up here? I didn't unplug anything or damage any line of any sort. Can anyone please shed some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance guys I really appreciate any help.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your brake fluid, could possibly be a bit low causing the lights to come on?

Have you driven it? I know you said you went to your buddies house, just not sure if you drove it there. If you haven't driven it yet then I would try that after checking the brake fluid level, the level really need to be full. On my car if it even gets remotely close to the low level the lights come on. Sometimes leaving the key in without any steering activity will cause a fault but I've only noticed this after a reflash but as soon as you roll a bit the lights go out.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM

Hmm haven't checked brake fluid yet. I drove it to his house and then drove it another 20 miles around.... Light still stayed on
Old 03-02-2014, 07:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2-3 hours of that key in ignition beeping sound has been known to cause an acute period of visual hallucinations, especially when coupled with any maintenance to the soft top.

Try sleeping it off tonight and check if the light is still on in the morning!

Old 03-02-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to basic driving
Old 03-02-2014, 10:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Noodler
welcome to basic driving
Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM

anyone know how to turn it off?

Originally Posted by macr88
Check your brake fluid, could possibly be a bit low causing the lights to come on?

Have you driven it? I know you said you went to your buddies house, just not sure if you drove it there. If you haven't driven it yet then I would try that after checking the brake fluid level, the level really need to be full. On my car if it even gets remotely close to the low level the lights come on. Sometimes leaving the key in without any steering activity will cause a fault but I've only noticed this after a reflash but as soon as you roll a bit the lights go out.

just checked the brake fluid and it's fine, not low
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Former Moderator

What is the level? Is it above the seam or below?

To turn VSA off push and hold the VSA button until the light on the cluster turns on.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:45 PM

That was the first thing I tried, the light doesn't turn off when you push the button, the level is above the seam
Old 03-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Former Moderator

I have nothing else for you

Quick Reply: VSA light & ! on, not sure why ?!