California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Voltron

Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voltron

Ok,

This is totally off subject or topic or maybe out in left field but... my daughter was watching power rangers and I was examining it in detail and noticed how much they really freaking bit (copied) off voltron... Now i'm from the east coast, 35 years old and from the 80's cartoon generation. Maybe I'm old but today's cartoons are so "out there"... What happened to the good ol' sh%t like GI Joe, Voltron and real transformers... I don't even wanna even start on anime...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 PM

voltron baby! have you try watching any of the old stuff. it's pretty wack too.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalibos
Ok,

This is totally off subject or topic or maybe out in left field but... my daughter was watching power rangers and I was examining it in detail and noticed how much they really freaking bit (copied) off voltron... Now i'm from the east coast, 35 years old and from the 80's cartoon generation. Maybe I'm old but today's cartoons are so "out there"... What happened to the good ol' sh%t like GI Joe, Voltron and real transformers... I don't even wanna even start on anime...
I agree...I used to wake up at 6:30am just to watch G.I. Joe before walking to elementary school at 8am back in the early 90's. lol
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
Originally Posted by Kalibos' timestamp='1334289629' post='21603497
Ok,

I agree...I used to wake up at 6:30am just to watch G.I. Joe before walking to elementary school at 8am back in the early 90's. lol
Dude, I remember playing "sick" when they first played "Fleet of doom" so I can watch it. They aired it at 9:00 A.M. on a week day. I was like "wtf"... I did what had to be done!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to have the tall ass Voltron figure when I was younger.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh oh Rob is gonna enjoy this thread
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This all falls out of my realm of expertise. Living on the mountain top, my childhood was filled with donkeys and goats (and go-karts), not television or cartoons. I spent most of my time driving my little 5hp go kart up and down my driveway (and yes I modded it with intake, exhaust, removing the governer, and advancing the timing!). They still don't have traditional cable where I'm from.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Voltron, Votles V, Daimos, OG Robotech, etc....everything from the 80's was way better in content! These days...I suppose things change & trend - perhaps the network is trying to mold this younger generation into something else? I dunno, but its mostly crap out there for sure. Spongebob vs GI Joe - Duke poops & wipes his butt with him

G1 Transformers FTW! If you look at their prices on eBay theyre up there! Wish I kept all mine
Old 04-13-2012, 07:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have my Voltron set hiding somewhere at my parents house. I should pull it out and display it.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlackTrax
I still have my Voltron set hiding somewhere at my parents house. I should pull it out and display it.
Oh yeah, I hear ya man, I still have mine as well hidden away. All cast iron!!!! As far as the G!'s, I still have sound wave laying around somewhere with ravage and laser beak!! lol I wonder how a S2000 g1 transformer would look? What would we name it (please not "turbo" go-bots already @#$%ed that up!!!!)? HAHAH that can be it's own thread~

Quick Reply: Voltron