California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Vex Motorsports Review

Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn! that is some stupid crap from Vex. thanks for sharing and inform us though.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad sonic did a good job for you.

As for our end, Brian took your car, drove it around with you. There was a car in the garage so he was waiting for it to come out.

Brian did not feel comfortable doing it, so he drove back to you to let you know he didn't want to do it. He didn't touch or do anything to your car.
It was never pulled into the garage.

It was about 10 minutes, not 30 minutes.

Your trunk was never touched or opened. There is no reason to open your trunk.

Ranting on the forum and making false accusations do not solve any problem.
It makes us look bad and makes you look bad also.

If you called brian, he would have told you he didn't touch your trunk.

I'm not going to try to figure out how your trunk release line was cut, but it was not us.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 PM

Thanks for opening up to the s2k community. Maybe you can own up to all the other threads posted here regarding your business.

I have a right to share my experience. I'm not smearing your business, but stating that something shady happened to my car during my time there. Whether or not I am mistaken by who vandalized my car is indeed all hearsay, but you have no right to tell me I'm making a false accusation.

If your business really did good work, I would expect other people who are a part of this forum to defend you, but there seems to be no one stepping up. My review should be just a small drop in the noise of your good reviews. However there have been more negative reviews than positive ones and that speaks volumes more than your single post as an anonymous representative of Vex.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:40 PM

Old 09-12-2011, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by clean_2001
^ lmfao
Old 09-13-2011, 11:29 AM

Thank you for your input for your experience with us at VEX. We value all feedback from our customers so we can strive to provide you with the best service we can offer.

We are aware that we have had hiccups with past experiences with our shop. Since then our shop has gone through management changes and we are striving to provide our customers with more quality and professional service.

You do have the right to share your experience about us and everyone on this forum. We have no problem with that. However, you have directly pointed fingers at us for something we had nothing to do with. Your vehicle was scheduled for fender rolling. We looked at your vehicle and were honest to say we did not want to risk the service that was planned to be performed. That was it. We had no knowledge of what happened to your trunk wires. We had no reason to even be in the trunk area of your vehicle. We had nothing to do with the trunk wires of your vehicle.

We offer a wide array of general and performance services to our customers. It is not just limited to custom modifications and performance services. We wouldn’t be listed as a recommended service shop for TIRE RACK if our work was not backed up.

We would appreciate if you would bring this up to our management with a phone call or even a visit to the shop instead of blasting us on the forums. We would have happily taken care of any issues you had with us professionally.

If you have any further issues you feel that needed to be discussed with our shop, please feel free to contact us. We are open 6 days a week and will do our best to accommodate you.

Thank you,

Fong Bui – General Manager
Brian Lam – Service Manager

VEX MOTORSPORTS – 408.678.0808
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM

I dont support any sides, but it is complicating to run a business when management constantly changes. I been there and done that being a former assistant manager for longs drugs back in the day. Hopefully you guys a vex get better over the years. Good luck with that. I only heard thru hearsay by many folks here on board and folks who've had experience with your business. One of these days i will come and see for myself!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see why they need to access the trunk so I think you're jumping the gun here. I had similar problem with my trunk, the line got cut because it got out of place. Brian Z can attest to this. We were trying to figured it out why my trunk won't open with the switch. His GF found out about the cut wire. No one cut it, it just got caught in the trunk somehow.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by vexmotorsports
Thank you for your input for your experience with us at VEX. We value all feedback from our customers so we can strive to provide you with the best service we can offer.

etc..
Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Andrie
I don't see why they need to access the trunk so I think you're jumping the gun here. I had similar problem with my trunk, the line got cut because it got out of place. Brian Z can attest to this. We were trying to figured it out why my trunk won't open with the switch. His GF found out about the cut wire. No one cut it, it just got caught in the trunk somehow.
I have seen this a few times now. The trunk wire harness comes loose and then gets pinched between the trunk spring and the stop when opened.

Quick Reply: Vex Motorsports Review