California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

vex motor sports

Old 08-22-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies... I'll check out the shop and see what my gut tells me after talking to them...

I know opinions are opinions, just like how some people reviewing food/ restaurants for other sites like a place or not based on their own personal experience. Negative feedback I read definately gives background, but doesn't necessarily stop me from going somewhere unless its an obvious pattern in the reviews posted.

i'm not in a rush, but i bought coilovers already, so just waiting to do the roll first before installing.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by superslows2k,Aug 20 2010, 01:16 PM
That op on the thread tried bashing on vex on a few other forums and got shot down like no other.

I see s2000's go in and out of vex for alignments and fender rolling all the time with no issue other than the guy that kept wanting a pulled fender and not just a roll.

Anyways back on topic

I think bayareas2k on here does it and he has worked on a few s2k's with great results
please if you dont know the whole story dont go around making up shiet, his wheels were 17x8+35 and 17x9+35. He dont need a pull to fit those rims especially when his camber is adjust at 3 in the front and 4 in the rear. Spunky can easily help you fit those size without a sweat in his balls. Yes vex might got better at rolling s2k fenders that because they mess up big time on my friend's car without taking responsiblity.

did you click on that thread? you see that GPW ap2 fenders compare to my friend fenders? it pretty obvious spunky can roll fenders better even with his eyes close
Old 08-22-2010, 08:42 PM

after spunky put his magic hands on fixing the rear fenders, it looks 100x better and no rubbing issues. Also he didnt even charge because i think he feels sorry for my friend who just want a fender roll turn but got a fender waves.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by simplerandom,Aug 20 2010, 07:39 PM
I have seen spunky's work and its nothing special, its just another fender roll. Only difference is he knew where to stop i guess
So what other kinds of fender rolls are out there then if Spunky's is just "another fender roll"?

Knowing when to stop with the flares/pulls etc is what makes the difference. Spunky has had enough experience to know where that limit point is for the fenders. Others who aren't as experienced will just keep flaring/pulling the fenders till it starts to look like ass, and then try to correct it but ends up making it look worse.

People need to just understand that rolling fenders and getting a slight fare is probably as far as you can go w/o needing actual body work done. Those who think they can get the really widened flared out fenders w/o taking it to a shop is just naive. And if you're unsure of your fender roller's capabilities, why risk it unless you're prepared for the possible outcome of crappy fenders.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by superslows2k,Aug 20 2010, 01:16 PM

I see s2000's go in and out of vex for alignments and fender rolling all the time with no issue other than the guy that kept wanting a pulled fender and not just a roll.

like lilazngirl said a pull and a roll are two whole different thing. A pull will require body work, bondo, and repaint. You cannot pull a fender with just a fender roller, a fender roller can just ROLL fenders. So dont blame the customer and say he keep wanting a pull and it his fault for the end result of the best fender roll in history done by vex. If the worker dont know even know the difference of a pull and a roll then he shouldnt be working there, oh wait he doesnt know that why the fenders came out the way it did.

to the op, if you can wait for spunky to make a visit to norcal then that the best solution. otherwise you should make a visit to vex and please post pics of your fender roll afterwards, i want to see what superslows2k is talking about how great their fender roll is. all the s2000's that goes in and out of vex for fender roll need to chime in this thread so vex can get their rep back
Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM