California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Van tire exploded all over my car...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
With an official police report; I think that should be good enough for a valid type of proof for your insurance company. Good thing you didnt get hurt or others as well & nice turn of events from something that couldve easily went south!

I would see how much the insurance company could cut you a check on & take your options from there.
I hope so man. They are talking about filing it as a collision I think. I'm concerned they might try to raise my rates.
I'll try to get some pics tonight after work and you guys can tell me what you think in terms of cost etc. It actually is better than it looks...minus the deep ass scratches

Nate.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Nate sorry to hear. I know you went through some shiet with the body shop that fixed your car after being vandalized. At least you do have a police report to cover you.

Now on to business. Get high estimates, I know a couple body shops in SF that will quote high. Get the check from the other persons insurance company stating you will do the repairs when convenient for you. Order the parts you want and have it painted at a body shop you trust that will be in budget and possibly have some pocket change when it's all said and done.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by rydelow
Damn Nate sorry to hear. I know you went through some shiet with the body shop that fixed your car after being vandalized. At least you do have a police report to cover you.

Now on to business. Get high estimates, I know a couple body shops in SF that will quote high. Get the check from the other persons insurance company stating you will do the repairs when convenient for you. Order the parts you want and have it painted at a body shop you trust that will be in budget and possibly have some pocket change when it's all said and done.
Good shit Kevin. Know a good paint shop that will do good work for a good price? I'm thinking I want to keep the hood and the bumper I'm 50/50 about..part of me wants to get an Ap2 =D
Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 PM

All the body shops I know that do good work charge an arm and a leg. Maybe others will chime in on body shops closer to you. But if you want to come out to SF or South San Francisco for some high estimates, you can try 19th auto Body Center in SF or ARCO's in South San Francisco.

AP2 huh? So its looking like 9k<8k lol I keed keed haha
Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 AM

Sunny Auto Body in SF
Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 AM

I just got the wife's car back from a front end collision repair from Mendelsen's in San Ramon. Everything turned out great. I'm going to take the S there when I decide to get the front repainted.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:27 AM

Blossom valley collision in south san jose, let me know when you want the estimate and I'll make sure you get what your after
Old 09-23-2011, 01:11 PM

Kenny's auto body, my boy phil's dad owns the shop but he is the slave worker hehehe... he has a nice 95 supra that he painted himself.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:11 PM

Kenny's auto body, my boy phil's dad owns the shop but he is the slave worker hehehe... he has a nice 95 supra that he painted himself.

someone had a picture of his supra from the BLOX event... but i think it was on facebook when i saw it. its hella clean and no orange peel look.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by iDashX

someone had a picture of his supra from the BLOX event... but i think it was on facebook when i saw it. its hella clean and no orange peel look.
Front end damage is not going to cover redoing the whole car without orange peel.

Main objective is get the highest estimate possible. Get that check from the other parties insurance. Find a reputable body shop to do it at a lower price and get some parts with the extra money. But this way won't guarantee the paint job. So if it comes out all jacked, you don't know if the body shop will re-do it for free.

If you let insurance handle it and use their "recommended" body shops, you can always have the paint job redone if it's not to your satisfaction, or choose another body shop on their list. (happened to me. 1st body shop did the orange peel wrong, insurance let me pick another shop to redo it. No deductible for redoing the car at another shop)

Quick Reply: Van tire exploded all over my car...