California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

V1! Twice a month!

Old 11-28-2004 | 11:38 PM

Default V1! Twice a month!

just want to share this with fellow members. Hope you guys have a wonderful and safe thanksgiving. I know the cops are out there catching people left and right, so be careful.

On the other hand, you can never be too careful driving these days. When i was on 880 heading south from Oakland towards San Jose on Sunday night around 9pm, i was in the 2nd left lane and i noticed my V1 start getting unusual strong signals before Union City. I was driving about 70-75 and there was a car in front of me. I calmly let go of the gas and cut down on the speed. There was a car on my left few car-distances behind keep going 75-80. Seconds later, lights started flashing, and the white sedan got pulled. 10 minutes later, still on 880, i saw a cop writing a ticket to a s2k on the side.

About 3 weeks ago, as i was driving down on a 40mph zone during lunch break, and trying to speed up, i noticed the V1 was screaming! I slowed down and noticed not too distance ahead there was a motorcycle cop pointing the radar gun hiding under the tree shades on the sidewalk. This was a close call. The funny thing was that, afterward, the cop was having Togo next to my office, so i went in and said hi to him and ask if he was the one catching people. "yup, that was me."

Anyways, i was driving my red nsx both times, and i think V1 really helped me both times. With the government cutting budgets (thanks to Ohio, 4 more yrs of the idiot), you can never be too careful these days. Especially when u see a white american made sedan got pulled over in front of a red nsx!? Depending on your driving habit, i consider driving the nsx a privilege and i never intend to abuse it on the road even though it is very easy to. I'm sure most of NSX owners love their X and feel the same way. Regardless what you drive, the V1 is very good tool to have when you are on the road, not encouraging anyone to speed, but it gives you peace of mind. IT WORKS AND IT HELPS.

Shane
Old 11-29-2004 | 07:51 AM

good write up gotta get me one of those.
Old 11-29-2004 | 10:02 AM
Member (Premium)

It's Ohio, not Iowa
(I know it's off topic)
Old 11-29-2004 | 11:28 AM

What band they hit you with?? Laser or K band??
Old 11-29-2004 | 12:28 PM

damn.. maybe i should buy one of those...

or i could jus drive slow like i usually do
Old 11-29-2004 | 05:01 PM

i swear on my V1 that i typed Ohio (i also never speed with my V1), and spell check changed it. Oh well i did it 1am last night, so give me some slack!!

It was Ka both times, most gun uses Ka band in the bay area or laser in some occations.
Old 11-29-2004 | 05:45 PM

Shane,

How do you have yours mounted? Do you have the Concealed Display?
Old 11-29-2004 | 06:12 PM

i'm not claiming expert on this, and i'm certainly welcome to any suggestion for better performance.

i mount mine under the rear mirror in the center for max. detection.

no, i didn't get the display, probably pick one up on ebay one day.

i know ppl have it wired and rear mounted. The important thing is to make sure it's parallel to the ground. And it's probably good idea to hide it, so in case you get pulled, the cop won't get upset or hassle you about it, but i got pulled once and the cop saw it and let me go without anything. (i wasn't speeding or anything, just not used to the steering on my prelude after driving the X so much. early X has no power steering. bitch for parallel parking sometime.) i also use it when i drive my other cars, V1 comes with 3 pair of suction caps, so use it to the max.

i know it's holiday season now, so why not pick one up for yourself or your love ones, can't think of a better gift. save the flavored rubbers or blow up doll for the birthdays or bachelor parties.

sl