California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

THE UNITED STATES

Old 06-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile THE UNITED STATES

THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A COUNTRY

this really really good. stuff you don't find history class.
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AqevunsBb0

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz4y0...eature=related
Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I'm going to call BULL SH!T

The women holding the mic starts off by telling you we don't live in a democracy. Lie.

Anyone who buys into this crap clearly has never lived anywhere else in the world, where gov't is even larger and even more involved in your daily lives. Having travelled and lived elsewhere I can tell you, the average US citizen has NO F'n clue how free they are. They are actually so free they waste all their valuable timing playing video games and watching American Idol.

I had to turn the video off after the part about no democracy. What is partly true today is that private industry has too much power and influence in gov't. This was not the design, but when corps got human rights a line was crossed. It has started the down fall of our gov't and it's systems.

If anything has undermined this country it's the removal of the gold standard, ignorant citizens and corp human rights.

This is a country, as recognized by it's citizens and the UN. Old paperwork doesn't matter. Ownership is 9/10ths of the law.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by rob-2,Jun 3 2010, 05:44 PM

The women holding the mic starts off by telling you we don't live in a democracy. Lie.

Anyone who buys into this crap clearly has never lived anywhere else in the world, where gov't is even larger and even more involved in your daily lives. Having travelled and lived elsewhere I can tell you, the average US citizen has NO F'n clue how free they are. They are actually so free they waste all their valuable timing playing video games and watching American Idol.

I had to turn the video off after the part about no democracy. What is partly true today is that private industry has too much power and influence in gov't. This was not the design, but when corps got human rights a line was crossed. It has started the down fall of our gov't and it's systems.

If anything has undermined this country it's the removal of the gold standard, ignorant citizens and corp human rights.

This is a country, as recognized by it's citizens and the UN. Old paperwork doesn't matter. Ownership is 9/10ths of the law.
Agreed!!! You believe any of that crap I have ocean front property in Airzona...
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 PM

^^^ and I have a bridge...... You don't have to live in another country to appreciate what we have. Just try traveling a bit abroad to any European or Asian country and it will quickly become apparent. Our democracy may not be perfect but I would take it over any other governement and/or society I've traveled to.

Some people have just way too much free time.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2,Jun 3 2010, 05:44 PM

Pretty much sums it up. I personally wish I lived in Norway or Sweden, but that in no way means I think poorly of this country. We are very blessed with what we've been given, and I think people are getting more and more spoiled by it. It would be ignorant to say we don't have our faults, and there is a laundry list of them. But the positives overshadow them.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by whiteflash,Jun 3 2010, 07:37 PM
Pretty much sums it up. I personally wish I lived in Norway or Sweden, but that in no way means I think poorly of this country. We are very blessed with what we've been given, and I think people are getting more and more spoiled by it. It would be ignorant to say we don't have our faults, and there is a laundry list of them. But the positives overshadow them.
I agree with the spoiled bit. Seems as if kids should just get everything. I see parents giving their kids everything they didn't have and it ruins the child. They get entitled. Just listen to the way they talk. It's how 'someone didn't do X the way THEY liked it' or how 'life is just horrible because x thing doesn't work the way they like it'.

I need to make a correction, we don't have a democracy, we have a republic. This small difference prevents the majority from mob rule. AKA purples voting to kill blues when blues are only 5% of the population.

"It's a republic ma'am, if you can keep it"
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8I9pLmuyyA [/media]
Old 06-03-2010, 09:36 PM

Note anything similar in what we're doing today and what Rome did just before it failed?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM

thats it. im moving to japan. LULz
Old 06-09-2010, 05:17 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THIS!!!!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=130