California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

UK Exhaust Mod on my AP1

Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Khunnie
Originally Posted by jguthrie' timestamp='1347311044' post='22001877

Khunnie, your avatar trips me out!
hahahaha trips you out? How so?
I can't tell if I it's hot or not. She does the look, then looks like a dork, like she's goofy, or maybe I don't even know. Is she drunk?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Looks like a poor man's mod, heard your car on the dyno and it sounds ok. Certainly not that loud and if you are not concerend with weight I guess this is ok.

Do you plan on sorting out your misfires before trying to sell your car for 50k?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by jguthrie
Originally Posted by Khunnie' timestamp='1347324410' post='22002465
[quote name='jguthrie' timestamp='1347311044' post='22001877']

Khunnie, your avatar trips me out!
hahahaha trips you out? How so?
I can't tell if I it's hot or not. She does the look, then looks like a dork, like she's goofy, or maybe I don't even know. Is she drunk?
[/quote]

hahahahhaha I don't think she's drunk.
Sorry guys, this is very off topic but here's a better picture if you need haha

Old 09-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey everyone,

So I spoke with Dan (owner of the shop) and his wife about coordinating a s2ki group UK exhaust mod day. In order for him to give us a quote, he'd need to do the project once. A muffler bypass is a really simple job, of course.

Raymond has taken the initiative, and set up the job on his car, which will serve as the bay area demo car for the project. The shop recently moved to a new location, and is finishing up a couple big projects before redirecting focus on the s2ki group. Raymond might have to wait until the end of this week, or sometime next week to get the job done. Once Raymond's car is all set up, we can post pictures, videos, demos, etc.

I can take the lead with coordinating/organizing an official group install day for s2ki. The shop is very accommodating to this sort of group project, and has done similar events in the past. I'll be able to poll s2ki for a day/time (and the shop is willing to set aside a random Saturday for our convenience).

For now, lets all be patient, and once Raymond's car is complete, the group organization process can begin!

FYI: I have no affiliation/commission arrangement with this shop. They just did real good work on my car for a very fair rate, and I'm confident that this would be a good resource for our community.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:26 PM

ooh, what's there new address?
i might go there tomorrow if they have a cancellation.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nicee thanks DR. BROD ! Question -would they be able to take off my exhaust there and install it back? I really dont have any car to transfer the exhaust.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Sounds good, Casey. I'm always looking for new things to mod.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rymo926
ooh, what's there new address?i might go there tomorrow if they have a cancellation.
I don't know their new address. I would call and ask. Not sure if their website has been updated, as it's a recent mod.

Originally Posted by kmac
Nicee thanks DR. BROD ! Question -would they be able to take off my exhaust there and install it back? I really don't have any car to transfer the exhaust.
I'd assume the exhaust has to be uninstalled to be worked on for this project. But I may be mistaken. I think your best bet is either to transport the exhaust there while on the car, and wait it out while he does the work.

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
Sounds good, Casey. I'm always looking for new things to mod.
No problemo. This is a neat mod for anyone who wants to keep their stock exhaust on the car.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:13 AM

Looking forward for the updates to this group mod day haha
Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 AM

went by the shop today to check it out. looks like a really really small operation. Seem like the guy rents out rack time from a owner of a big shop. people that work there didn't praise BM. I reconsidering using them. sorry.

Quick Reply: UK Exhaust Mod on my AP1