California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Uh-Oh

Old 10-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id leave a big sign that says "hey fvcker, i know you're watching my car. Dont let me catch you around here again, or someones gonna be wondering why their house is on fire."

put a big smiley face as an sig/

no really though, id sandwich your car. ocean beach shouldnt be that bad, just call the cops and tell them of the the suspicious activity, give them the plate number. call again a few days later, keep insisting that this car keeps showing up, so that they will keep an eye out. ask for a patrolman to come by every now and then *they will do that if they see a threat*. to just, sit and camp at around the time you saw them.

if not, just wait til i'm back in town. gimme the plate number, we'll go fish : )
Old 10-22-2006, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by jack_krippter,Oct 22 2006, 11:05 AM
Call your local Police Department, or go into the office, and give them the information, and tell them you thought they were casing your vehicle. They may be able to visit the owner of the vehicle and give them a courtesy check.

Hiding your car temporarily won't solve a thing. Report it to the police or your citizens patrol. And if you do have a neighborhood watch program, report it to the advisor.

I use to live in a neighborhood watch area and the citizens patrol will actually report it to the police. Good luck Charlie.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:43 PM

Call the DMV and get the guy's address. You will need to know someone there for this to happen. Then just show up at his house and tell him that the hunter has become the hunted. He will look confused and this is the opportune time to pummel him with <your choice of weapon here>. I hate punks.

If you want a non violent solution. Call the man and give them the description of this person and the location of where you saw him expose himself. Snapping any pix with a cam phone helps..... there are a lot of sick people out there.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:43 PM

I'd sleep in my car Charlie. (With a Airsoft gun to scare the shit out of them)
Old 10-22-2006, 03:26 PM

Go to Fry's and get a camera for $100. Just tape you car every night
Old 10-22-2006, 04:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i cant believe it took 5 posts for someone to say call the cops and give them the license plate/description on the vehicle/person that was suspicious.
beating the crap out of the guy wont solve a thing, if anything else it'll prolly cause you more problems down the line b/c he might come back for revenge or something. call the cops, make it sound HELLA serious, and get them to strike the fear of God into these car jackers.
and whoever said that hiding your car will not solve anything was right. its prolly not a good idea too coz it'll be somewhere far from you if anything happens.
best thing to do is gather up as much info as you can on the guy and keep reporting to the police. if you snap a good pic of them checkin out your car/calling someone while next to your car/doing other suspicious things, you might just have enough evidence to pin them down for attempted theft.
good luck with your situation.
Edit: o yea, if you have some sort of daily routine, try and mix it up a little bit, in case they're trying to steal your car while your not home or something.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sfkn2,Oct 22 2006, 08:25 AM
So I was at home last night around midnight.. peeked out the window and saw some Asian guy hop out of a SUV and look into the passenger side of my car. He then gets back into his car and pulled out his phone/ pressed some numbers while looking at my plate and left after that. The guy drove around the block and comes right back so I ran downstairs, but he sees my gf looking out the window and bounces again.

Now, my gf jotted his license plate down, but what should I do after that? My car's just parked on the streets.
Good job!!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:42 PM

Sleep in your car with a shotgun.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:16 PM

Welps.. I went to the po station earlier and gave them the plate. The cop said it's not the right plate because the plate belongs to a county car up in King's County.. and it's a Chevy and not a Toyota Landcruiser. My girlfriend belives that she got the right plate because the guy rolled by twice and she definitely caught the right numbers.

It's hard to find parking here so I can't really sandwich my car. But, the car is parked outside with a clear view.. I guess I won't sleep until the guy rolls by again so I can call the number that the cop gave me earlier.

Hopefully I won't have to update this thread again.. :/
Old 10-22-2006, 09:44 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Maybe the Landcruiser had stolen plates. Good luck. Get a webcam and record everything.

Quick Reply: Uh-Oh