California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Track Prep (not complete but it'll give you a good idea)

Old 02-03-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread Mac!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Originally Posted by chetly' timestamp='1328278947' post='21380431
[quote name='thomsbrain' timestamp='1328271880' post='21380163']
If you ever get motion sickness, bring dramamine. I have found I need one, even as a driver.

if you need dramamine even as a driver that means your not looking far enough ahead...
I guess I'm not looking far enough ahead either. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm on a boat too.
[/quote]

Haha, me too. But looking ahead is always good advice regardless.

For me it's the heavy braking and the thrum of my exhaust on decel that do it to me. The feel of my guts moving forward at the same time as the resonating vibration makes me want to hurl. I'm in good shape through the corners. Your mileage may vary.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Mac for getting this up! I think this thread is a helpful reminder to the vets as well as noobs
Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Updated the list and removed some spam
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Former Moderator

Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM

i found gatorade or any sports drink really helps me stay fueled, even for the drive home. energy drinks dont work for me except monster but that gets expensive
Old 02-28-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by macr88
Thanks Broda

Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some more supplemental info to keep in mind (some are repetitions of what has already been mentioned).

On track:
-First lap is a warm up lap. You need to warm up the brakes, the car, and yourself. Don’t forget your brain and your muscles need to warm up to!
-Look ahead THROUGH the turn, and not AT the turn. If you look at the turn, or at the dirt, you might lose focus and go off.
-if possible, try to look at the next turn rather than the turn that you are in at the moment.
-be careful with following the lines of the person in front of you. If they screw up, so will you.
-FOCUS
-late apex is the safe apex
-slow in, fast out.
-If you are sliding, or are going off, don’t try to save it. Let it slide. Last thing you want to happen is the car snaps back the other direction which might hit another car, or worse, hit the wall.
-FOCUS
-Run one cool down lap with either no braking or very minimal braking to cool down your brakes, the car, and yourself.

Once off the track:
-drive around for a few minutes to continue cooling down the brakes and the car. Again, try to use zero braking or at least very minimal braking. There is no need to drive around like a speed demon around the pits. Please be cautious of the speed limit.
-once parked, do NOT pull up the ebrake. Leave the car in gear and/or use a wheel chock.
-pop the hood and open it to let it cool.
-drink water or sports drink. You might not know it, but you are dehydrated. I always switch off between the two. Gatorade after one session, water after the next session, then back to Gatorade, etc.
-relax
-think back at how much fun that was and focus on what you need to do to improve.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by -outkast-
some more supplemental info to keep in mind (some are repetitions of what has already been mentioned).

On track:
-First lap is a warm up lap. You need to warm up the brakes, the car, and yourself. Don’t forget your brain and your muscles need to warm up to!
-Look ahead THROUGH the turn, and not AT the turn. If you look at the turn, or at the dirt, you might lose focus and go off.
-if possible, try to look at the next turn rather than the turn that you are in at the moment.
-be careful with following the lines of the person in front of you. If they screw up, so will you.
-FOCUS
-late apex is the safe apex
-slow in, fast out.
-If you are sliding, or are going off, don’t try to save it. Let it slide. Last thing you want to happen is the car snaps back the other direction which might hit another car, or worse, hit the wall.
-FOCUS
-Run one cool down lap with either no braking or very minimal braking to cool down your brakes, the car, and yourself.

Once off the track:
-drive around for a few minutes to continue cooling down the brakes and the car. Again, try to use zero braking or at least very minimal braking. There is no need to drive around like a speed demon around the pits. Please be cautious of the speed limit.
-once parked, do NOT pull up the ebrake. Leave the car in gear and/or use a wheel chock.
-pop the hood and open it to let it cool.
-drink water or sports drink. You might not know it, but you are dehydrated. I always switch off between the two. Gatorade after one session, water after the next session, then back to Gatorade, etc.
-relax
-think back at how much fun that was and focus on what you need to do to improve.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Former Moderator

I've read that somewhere, good stuff.

Quick Reply: Track Prep (not complete but it'll give you a good idea)