California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Tourist info help

Old 06-05-2002, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tourist info help

I have to play host to a VIP group from work and I'll be the chauffer to drive them around in San Francisco. I need to spend about 5-6 hours taking these VIPs around SF, and some of the places they wanna go:

Golden Gate Bridge (easy)
Twin Peaks - How do I get there?
Museum of Fine Arts (is that the place where Sean Connery went to meet his daughter in "The Rock"?) - How do I get there?
And anywhere else you can recommend during a weekday? I need to drop them off at SFO around 6pm, so I guess with the traffic I'll need around 2 hours from downtown to SFO (including time at security checkpoints and check-in with airlines).

Any suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:00 PM

The best way to get to twin peaks is to go all the way up Market St. About 6 or so blocks past Castro, you'll make a right on Twin Peaks Blvd. That will take you up and around twin peaks, and you can take the same way back down. The Palace of Fine Arts is a good stop after the golden gate bridge. What I would do is go across the golden gate bridge to the vista point on the Marin side, then on the way back, follow the signs to the Palace of Fine Arts. (Stay to the left on the highway, when you descend down to the street, it will be your very first right.) If they have enough time to walk around a bit (and you don't mind circling waiting for them) take them to Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:39 PM

It is so easy to spend time in SF for the tourists. If you have time, go through Golden Gate park (good place to stop after the Palace of Fine Arts). From there, swing out to the Ocean Beach area and go up to "Landsend" and the Cliff House, where you can still see the ruins of the Sutro baths. Take a stop at the Legion of Honor art museum. And if you have more time, when in Fisherman's wharf, also consider the cable car ride. If there is still additional time, go up to Coit tower, go down the "crooketest street" (Lombard??) and take a swing by the world famous Chinatown of SF. That should take care of most of the day.