California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

ticket asassin save the day again!

Old 12-10-2001, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by yamo
Do you guys think it's worth is to use ticket assasin if you can get out with traffic school (hence still no points on your record)?
I've heard that if you plead not guilty in CA and you are found guilty, traffic school is not an option.

-Marc
You can ask a judge for whatever you want, and whatever he gives you is the law.
Old 12-10-2001, 03:12 PM

Well, I was just thinking of pleading guilty and going to traffic school.
I just don't want to get a point on my record (I have A+ rating driver status on insurance)

And besides, I don't drive insane like all you do

-Marc
Old 12-10-2001, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by yamo
Well, I was just thinking of pleading guilty and going to traffic school.
I just don't want to get a point on my record (I have A+ rating driver status on insurance)

And besides, I don't drive insane like all you do

-Marc
hey Marc, the beauty of it all is that you CAN plead NOT GUILTY, and see if the officer responds in writing as required. Many cops are too lazy to make this effort. IF you ARE found guilty, you request to be allowed to go to traffic school anyways (as Josh's letter states):
If the court does not find in my favor in this case, I request a fine reduction and a Court assignment to attend traffic school.
AND the judge can and usually will allow this!

So, you have nothing to lose!
Old 12-10-2001, 07:42 PM

I agree that you have nothing to loose... but I don't think the letter works. I think the people who win with this just got a nice judge... or a lazy cop, or both!

I used the letter... Mailed it "certified" and recieve my "guilty, but go to traffic school" letter the same day I got my return reciept... I question if the judge even read the letter. Heck they didn't sign it or put the right date on it!!!. Pissed me off big time... How could they, read both letters, and make a decision in less then a few hours. How the f**k did they find a judge to even read it in that short of time(talking hours, not days).... I think these courts need to prove to us that they are A. reading the letters and B. should provide us with the cops written testimony. and C. judges reasoning!

just my .02$...

-- Robert
Old 12-10-2001, 07:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goldtrom
[B]I agree that you have nothing to loose... but I don't think the letter works. I think the people who win with this just got a nice judge... or a lazy cop, or both!

I used the letter... Mailed it "certified" and recieve my "guilty, but go to traffic school" letter the same day I got my return reciept... I question if the judge even read the letter. Heck they didn't sign it or put the right date on it!!!. Pissed me off big time... How could they, read both letters, and make a decision in less then a few hours. How the f**k did they find a judge to even read it in that short of time(talking hours, not days).... I think these courts need to prove to us that they are A. reading the letters and B. should provide us with the cops written testimony.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:51 PM

Yeah , I know... I don't have time to drive down to "Solvang"... plus this ticket is my freebe. No point in paying for a lawyer.

I still think the courts are full of s**t.. there is no way I got a "fair trial". But hey, glad it worked for you !

-- Robert
Old 12-10-2001, 09:13 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goldtrom
[B]Yeah , I know... I don't have time to drive down to "Solvang"...
Old 12-11-2001, 11:06 PM

Awesome, very well composed letter, congratulations Josh!

By the way, I recently won a case when I somehow forgot to turn on the headlights.
Plus I have a speeding ticket pending - 45 in 35 and I SWEAR I was going under 40, I just revved the engine a little, no rubber burnt, and he did not like it but oh well I really did not expect him to actually LIE. He knew he was lying and his partner did not confirm that I was going 45 when I asked him he said he did not watch the speedometer. I wonder if there is a way to somehow use it against them. Plus he gave me a ticket for no front license plate, a**hole. It is really puzzling, how slow should I go if they just LIE? I very much dislike police officers at this point.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:34 PM

Since I just got a ticket, I got the scoop on how this stuff works from my attorney. He actually has a buddy that works as a traffic judge. The judges in charge of the traffic courts are not real judges, they are essentially 'volunteer' judges, and it is not a real trial. If you plead not-guilty, then when you show up in court, they will tell you that they are not a real judge, but you have the right to appear before a real judge if you wish.

Of course, if you request appearing before a real judge, that real judge will be very annoyed when you show up and you will automatically lose, and they will double your fine just for grins, since they don't have time to deal with stupid traffic tickets.

Now this volunteer judge is typically just an attorney or maybe a DA or whatever. They are typically doing this in order to get "in" with the system with the hope of getting a real appointment someday. Some actually do this for free.

That said, it is very unlikely that any judge will bother contacting a police officer in order to clear a ticket. They just don't care, and they don't have the time for it. And, the judge probably only works in traffic court once a week, or twice a month, so it would be impossible for them to follow up on the response from the cop anyway.

So, they just give you traffic school....

Why?

It turns out, most courts do not even have the capability of determining whether you have taken traffic school in the last 18 months or not, and the judge certainly does not have the necessary resources or the time to make this determination. So they just let you take it again. Why should they care??!
Old 12-12-2001, 08:21 PM

Seems my point was over shadowed my by bitching . My point was, I don't think the letter is the best defense... Its well worded and all, but I think it comes off as over confident and quite frankly rude. Do you really need to tell the judge the laws?

I think a letter that has more "facts" in it then reciting law books would be "better"... this of course is assuming it is read at all !! Nothing wrong with mentioning the laws by their code to show u are informed... but don't recite them...

I personally like the idea they gibed at on the ticket assassin page... Write "NOT GUILTY!" in orange (or any other bright color) crayon on a 8x11 page and mail that sucker in!

Quick Reply: ticket asassin save the day again!