California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

thunderhill session

Old 08-16-2012, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised by so many still support touge. Every body can be a hard core street racer if you think you have that much passion for it. I can get into more details about it. But, there's no good points to talk about it. Since it just personal experience that I learned the hard way on my own. Lots of touge drivers can be hardcore. But lots are not, that I had met.

Don't let my piss on your parade, keep driving. Keep do what make every one happy hard core racers.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

face. palm.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tbbsrr
1. I'm surprised by so many still support touge.
2. Every body can be a hard core street racer.
3. But lots are not, that I had met.

Don't let my piss on your parade, keep driving. Keep do what make every one happy hard core racers.
1. it's been around before any of us have been born and it'll continue to be around.
2. I don't think so, you have obviously opted out for certain reasons.
3. You've met the wrong people. Some of the fastest people on track drive on the street.

You can piss all you want, pissing is part of life just as driving on the street is.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
face. palm.
No need to be all pissy about it and gave me a face palm! LOL!! It just my opinion, since most of us are off the tropic why can't I be? See you at the auto x or the track some time! Keep driving, or what ever that pop your cherry!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think he has a cherry

Cool video, btw do we have any Bankers here? If so can we be friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AksL...e_gdata_player

Thanks Stephen
Old 08-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by macr88
Originally Posted by tbbsrr' timestamp='1345155568' post='21942919
1. I'm surprised by so many still support touge.
2. Every body can be a hard core street racer.
3. But lots are not, that I had met.

1. it's been around before any of us have been born and it'll continue to be around.
2. I don't think so, you have obviously opted out for certain reasons.
3. You've met the wrong people. Some of the fastest people on track drive on the street.

You can piss all you want, pissing is part of life just as driving on the street is.
I opted out because I have to much too lose for so little to gain. I'm felt very lucky that I didn't crash my car or harm any one in the past. Now that I have a s2k that I love. I don't want to be another statistic of young male that totaled s2k on the road.

You're right, that fast driver like your self drive on the street and push at the limit at the auto x and track. But I'm pretty sure those drivers or you don't drive as hard on the touge. Yes, I have fun cruising around town during a nice day. It's a cruise not a speedy run on the back road trying to keep up with the who ever you're driving with. Yes, I still enjoy driving on the street or road trip in the s2k.

No, I have met the right group of people. The one or group that I don't care, I don't drive with them again due to personal reasons. I'm still friend and drive together and hang out with all the guys that I used to drive with as well. Some of them still fast and drive touge. But most opted out as well and do track and auto x like myself.

I shouldn't say support. What I'd say is enjoy the canyon run. I don't care for it like I used too, or give a crap about who's doing it.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by odb812
There is only one way to win an HPDE, that is to drive your car home safely in the condition that you brought it to the track in the first place. Don't worry about speed or laptimes, at first you want to learn to look at every corner worker and get used to the process around driving at the track. Get used to doing your pre-session checks before going to grid and cooling everything down and checking your tire pressure when coming off the track. If you can get an instructor to ride along and try to do ridealongs with some of the more experienced drivers to get an idea of what a fast lap looks like. There is going to be a wealth of knowledge around the paddock, not to mention cool cars and crazy stories. Go see how many people's brains you can pick.
This is the best advice out of all the junks and my non-sense. I also tried to drive my car home as well.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying to avoid this thread. But f@#k it, I'm gonna weigh in.

I used to street race or touge. It is a competition, though. If not with someone else, it is with yourself. You always want to go faster. I thought I was a bad ass since I was one of the fastest guy. Until I went to the track with my NSX and a Dodge intrepid passed me.

I love driving fast. Once I tried track, it is like my crack pipe. I was hooked. I spend all my money driving on the track. It is cheaper in the long run. No tickets and increased insurance rate. Place where I can commit and take the turns 100%. No, I can't do this on touge, because I never know what's around the bend. I always left a margin of safety.

I don't do touge or street race anymore. I tried to get my fix all on the track. I still love driving. If there is no ticket possibility, I would still do (Street race/touge) it. That being said, I probably would die, off the cliff somewhere since I know I would push it to the limit. One of the reason I don't ride bikes.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Andrie

I used to street race or touge. It is a competition, though. If not with someone else, it is with yourself. You always want to go faster. I thought I was a bad ass since I was one of the fastest guy. Until I went to the track with my NSX and a Dodge intrepid passed me.

I love driving fast. Once I tried track, it is like my crack pipe. I was hooked. I spend all my money driving on the track. It is cheaper in the long run. No tickets and increased insurance rate. Place where I can commit and take the turns 100%. No, I can't do this on touge, because I never know what's around the bend. I always left a margin of safety.

I don't do touge or street race anymore. I tried to get my fix all on the track. I still love driving. If there is no ticket possibility, I would still do (Street race/touge) it. That being said, I probably would die, off the cliff somewhere since I know I would push it to the limit. One of the reason I don't ride bikes.

LOLOL, Yes, I feel the same. I don't want to crash one of the nicest car I ever own. I just want to shared my personal experience so other didn't have to deal with all the trouble that comes with touge. But seem like every one is sooo fast to jump on your case. I don't want to do touge any more, when people get comfortable they seem to push harder. This is a about track advice not get ready for touge run.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Andrie

Yes, you're a hard core street racer sir. My hat is off to you. Some one that live a little and understand and risk it all on the back road. I did it too, and scared to go back to it.

Quick Reply: thunderhill session