California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

thunderhill session

Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY HEY NO TEABAG -____-
Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88
I'm not one for driving at night and Casey can testify to that lol if I can't see I don't go.
I can't say that I'll ever stop driving on the street, it's how I was taught to drive.

I love the Street
I love Auto X
I love the Track

There are dangers to all three, the passion overcomes the risks taken, I hope I never loose my passion for driving.

Can we all just love that? Who's down for a reacharound?
Can I be first?
Here here! And thanks for posting the links that should have been posted 50 posts ago.

Also, can we get a list of names who are definitely down for the circle jerk? and those who are just tentative?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1345093175' post='21940857
I'm not one for driving at night and Casey can testify to that lol if I can't see I don't go.
I can't say that I'll ever stop driving on the street, it's how I was taught to drive.

I love the Street
I love Auto X
I love the Track

There are dangers to all three, the passion overcomes the risks taken, I hope I never loose my passion for driving.

Can we all just love that? Who's down for a reacharound?
Can I be first?
Here here! And thanks for posting the links that should have been posted 50 posts ago.

Also, can we get a list of names who are definitely down for the circle jerk? and those who are just tentative?
Refer to my Friday BBQ thread. I've got the list of "attendees" and "possibles" ...growing, and growing. Nothing like a nice secluded location and plenty of alcohol to loosen the boys up a little. Mr. Teabag is not on the list yet though.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by madmaxblaster
Thanks for the input yesterday again dru. I have to keep what you taught me in mind next time I do another track day.
I didn't teach you anything. All I did was pointing out what you're doing differently than I was that's all. Don't take my words as writing on the stone. Keep driving and ask faster people for pointer like I did.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Good post tbbsrr. Worth mentioning though, there is no way to get better at auto x other than actually doing auto x. The same goes for touge, track, karting, whatever. They are all extremely different from eachother and everyone's experiences are different as well. No one should feel bad about being slow in auto x against people with more experience. Just as someone with only auto x experience shouldn't feel bad about being slow on the mountains, or in a stage rally for an example of an official motorsport.

For the record, I have never met a single "hard core street racer" who was actually fast in the mountains. Actually, I have never met anyone who was actually a hard core street racer either. If they say they are, just stop listening to anything they say after that. People who are fast are out there for one reason and one reason only, to get better at driving. Nobody is out there challenging others to races on a regular basis, they just aren't. The best drivers are out there all alone when the roads are completely empty just enjoying themselves.

You are absolutely right about the track/auto x being a safer place to learn the limits of your car. It is all about your attitude though. Most will learn them much faster at the track as well, that doesn't mean you can't safely (relatively) learn on the mountains as well. Mountain driving isn't about learning the limits of the car though, at least for me. It is simply about having fun and becoming a better driver.
Yes, don't listen to me. I'm a nobody. I'm not the fastest guy in my run group. But, I hope by sharing my experience for those who wants to improved they driving skills. This will keep them safe and every one else that's not having fun and not trying to become a better driver.

My definition of hard core racer is some one that is street taught. Never been on the track. Practice everything he learned on the street. I know few of those guys. I had a passion for touge as well and grew out of it. Yes, I do missed it sometime, but not enough to start the car and drive in the dark.

You said no one compete. Every time I do back road, every one is trying to ditch the car behind. The car behind is always trying to glue to the lead car bumper. It was like this every time I do my street runs. I always wanted to see how fast some one else is, and how good I compare to them. That's my attitude towards it, that's why I turned to auto x. I felt that I can't reach the next level on the street. Since I can afford to do track and auto x now, I choose them over touge.

I felt bad every time I do auto x and track day and can't keep up with the faster cars. That's why I continue to drive hard to improve and challenge myself. I'm not that competitive but would like to do well when I do something. There's no point in doing it for me if i'm not improving. Yes, it's more about how you look at things and your attitude towards it. Any one can enjoy what ever they like, when is not affecting or cause harm to other people that's not aware of what you're doing on public road.

We all missed the point of this thread. He's asking for track advice, and all he got was back road this back road that. None of it that will help any of us enjoy our track more.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker
HEY HEY NO TEABAG -____-
Sorry, got caught up in the moment lol
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a "hardcore racer" lol
Old 08-16-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker' timestamp='1345098546' post='21940958
HEY HEY NO TEABAG -____-
Sorry, got caught up in the moment lol
hahaha

i guess im also a hardcore racer lol...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

By his definition, me too.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tbbsrr
Yes, don't listen to me. I'm a nobody. I'm not the fastest guy in my run group. But, I hope by sharing my experience for those who wants to improved they driving skills. This will keep them safe and every one else that's not having fun and not trying to become a better driver.

My definition of hard core racer is some one that is street taught. Never been on the track. Practice everything he learned on the street. I know few of those guys. I had a passion for touge as well and grew out of it. Yes, I do missed it sometime, but not enough to start the car and drive in the dark.

You said no one compete. Every time I do back road, every one is trying to ditch the car behind. The car behind is always trying to glue to the lead car bumper. It was like this every time I do my street runs. I always wanted to see how fast some one else is, and how good I compare to them. That's my attitude towards it, that's why I turned to auto x. I felt that I can't reach the next level on the street. Since I can afford to do track and auto x now, I choose them over touge.

I felt bad every time I do auto x and track day and can't keep up with the faster cars. That's why I continue to drive hard to improve and challenge myself. I'm not that competitive but would like to do well when I do something. There's no point in doing it for me if i'm not improving. Yes, it's more about how you look at things and your attitude towards it. Any one can enjoy what ever they like, when is not affecting or cause harm to other people that's not aware of what you're doing on public road.

We all missed the point of this thread. He's asking for track advice, and all he got was back road this back road that. None of it that will help any of us enjoy our track more.
Mac posted up those great track prep links, but of course people had to stir up some shit first for some reason. All good though. I will enjoy driving and learning on the streets until the day I die. Something a lot of people don't quite understand is how much time some of us actually spend driving. It would boggle your damn mind. It gets to the point once you are comfortable in a car that you are just learning more about the roads, it is no longer about the car. DON'T GIVE UP ON THE MOUNTAINS!

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1345127114' post='21941508
By his definition, me too.
Hardcore teabaggers, "I learned everything I know about teabagging on the streets son! I run these streets!"

Quick Reply: thunderhill session