California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Thunderhill - June 19, 2006

Old 01-11-2006, 10:07 AM
freescopesdad

Default Thunderhill - June 19, 2006

Got Guts at Thunderhill
An Open Track Day
June 19, 2006

SAMOA, the Sacramento Area Miata Owners Association, is proud to sponsor an open track day at Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, California, on Monday, June 19, 2006. This will be a traditional track event with 3 run groups, 6 scheduled 20-minute sessions per group (with an open session at the end of the day), and optional instruction for novices. Groups A and B will be limited to 25 cars each, and the novice group to 20 cars. Our event will emphasize safety and fun. Although SAMOA is a Miata club based in Sacramento, drivers of all types of cars are welcome. The cost is just $210 per driver ($225 after May 31, 2006).

The event is being presented as a benefit to raise money for the Crohns & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for IBD
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00 AM
freescopesdad

Use PayPal or Credit Card

...just what the title says. I've posted a link to PayPal on the website at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com so you have this payment option as well. And PayPal will accept your credit card payment without requiring a PayPal account. There is, however, a $6.00 handling fee for all payments through PayPal, which is actually a little less than I am charged. I hope this option makes things more convenient for some. Of course, you can still send me a personal check via USPS. Either way, don't forget to fill out and mail the registration form as well. See you at the track...

Ron
Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
freescopesdad

Well, just a reminder that this event is starting to fill up nicely and the raffle prizes are rolling in. We'll also have some special stuff from Autoweek, GRM and several other vendors that hasn't arrived yet at my front door. If you can afford the $$ its always best to sign up sooner rather than later so you get your choice of run group.

Ron
Got Guts
Old 03-08-2006, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ron,

Is this Bonnie's group? If so I will probably go but can't commit yet since there is way too much change going on at work. I've been to 5 of Bonnies track days and they are all great!

Don
Old 04-11-2006, 12:51 PM
freescopesdad

No, its not Bonni's group, but she will be there driving and instructing. This one is organized by SAMOA, the Sacramento Miata Club. It will be just like Bonni's events with most of the same drivers.

A paid list of drivers is now posted on the event website at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/DriverList.html.

Ron
Old 04-11-2006, 04:29 PM

Miatas? Will they give us a point by?

There is no opening passing. I read the rules.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:45 PM

Right on my B-Day too... too bad i dont have that kind of money to spend
Old 04-19-2006, 08:48 AM
freescopesdad

Quick Update...

Well, we are 2 months out and as of today I have 23 paid...just about right I guess. If you plan on signing up don't wait too long as some of the groups can literally fill up in a week. And we don't want to disappoint anyone. No S2K's yet, but I know its just a matter of time.

Asura, Group A has open passing, just no apex diving. Sure, you can have a point by if you're quicker, but you might be surprised by some of the "girlie" car drivers.

Tony, sounds like you need to have your friends chip in for a birthday present for you. I hope it works out.

Ron
GotGutsAtThunderhill
Old 04-19-2006, 10:08 AM

u got pm
Old 04-19-2006, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Yeung,Apr 11 2006, 05:45 PM
Right on my B-Day too... too bad i dont have that kind of money to spend
My b-day is in June as well. I am kinda limited on funds also. I need front brake rotors, a set of Cobalt Spec Race pad's, four brand new Bridgestone Potenza S-02's, mebbie a four wheel alignment as well as track fee.

Oh yea, I need money for gas too... AND the day off

If you go, I'll go

Quick Reply: Thunderhill - June 19, 2006