California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Thunderhill Fulltrack Drift/Grip Event

Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a suggestion...

I would seriously ask you to look at some of the other track events that are thrown by other organizations. Your rule for "roll protection" is extremely unsafe for some fellow S2000 owners. Many S2000 owners do not meet the broom-stick requirement. If you are NOT enforcing the rule, or even mentioning it, you are bringing a serious liability to yourself and to those attending your event. All it takes is for 1 person that is new to the track world to be out there, roll their car, and end up seriously injured. I hope that you might specify your rules more clearly (are carefully) to prevent anyone doing serious harm to themselves or your group. If you need any links to rules or help, please let me know. Safety on the track, should be the #1 concern of any group throwing a event out on the track.

Good luck with your event.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:31 AM

Voodoo - I'm sorry, I guess I was being a little too bold for my own good. I'll tone it down now please leave this thread open.

N1, I hear your concern. However, HoD, ARC, and various other organizations let S2k's run all the time with no above-standard roll protection. The idea is (and all those groups stress) that you should NEVER go 10/10ths at a trackday event. If you keep that in mind, you'll be fine.

btw, what is this "broom stick" requirement you speak of? I'm unfamiliar with it.

I could make a rule about open-top cars having roll protection, and I can say "all tech parameters are subject to the approval of the event chairman" which I'll probably do. The point is, in the end it's up to me, and I won't let anything on the track that's a SERIOUS risk.

past that, if you have any more recommendations I'd be glad to hear them.

thanks!

-Geoff
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correction: ARC/NCRC enforces the 'broomstick' rule. Look in the convertible rules on their website for further information.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 AM

okay, well thanks for the tip. it wouldn't have been easier to explain what this "broomstick" rule is?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:11 AM

okay. read the rules.

thanks for the advice guys, I'll make an amendment to the tech requirements today.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conepirate,Jun 26 2009, 09:09 AM
okay, well thanks for the tip. it wouldn't have been easier to explain what this "broomstick" rule is?
sorry, i was falling asleep when i typed that and was too tired to type everything
Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 AM

it's okay man, no worries
Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 PM

I went to the last Thunderdrift event conepirate had in Dec and I had a great time. They did point by for all the grip drivers and since most of the drivers were drifting I had an almost traffic free track in the grip group. There was a little debris on the track however it was not an issue on my runs.

I would love to go again but I will not be able to attend this event. Maybe the next one though
Old 06-29-2009, 09:47 AM

^ Thank you very much for the testimonial, and thanks for coming to the December event!

there'll be another one around that time this year, so hopefully we'll see you again!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by conepirate,Jun 25 2009, 11:31 AM
Voodoo - I'm sorry, I guess I was being a little too bold for my own good. I'll tone it down now please leave this thread open.

N1, I hear your concern. However, HoD, ARC, and various other organizations let S2k's run all the time with no above-standard roll protection. The idea is (and all those groups stress) that you should NEVER go 10/10ths at a trackday event. If you keep that in mind, you'll be fine.

btw, what is this "broom stick" requirement you speak of? I'm unfamiliar with it.

I could make a rule about open-top cars having roll protection, and I can say "all tech parameters are subject to the approval of the event chairman" which I'll probably do. The point is, in the end it's up to me, and I won't let anything on the track that's a SERIOUS risk.

past that, if you have any more recommendations I'd be glad to hear them.

thanks!

-Geoff
i mean no disrespect but telling people that "you should NEVER go 10/10ths at a trackday " never works out right. New drivers dont always know their limits and push themselves too hard and then get themselves in trouble. Drift/Grip events are cool but it can get scary for 1st timers or the inexperienced. Ive brought out several new drivers to Drift/Grip events and they all felt this way.

Im sure everyone has other Sk2 owners best interest at heart. Good luck on the event. Hawaiian shirts is a cool idea. oh well, what would I know..i dont even drive an Sk2.

Quick Reply: Thunderhill Fulltrack Drift/Grip Event