California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Thank you, NSX driver

Old 04-15-2015, 04:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thank you, NSX driver

So, coincidentally my girlfriend and I had a day off today. We decided to take a mini road trip to Monterey. On our way home near cannery row, I see this first gen red NSX drive past me, very clean. Lowered, rims, NSX-R wing, bike rack w/ bike, and from what I can make out, Florida plates. Thought nothing of it.

So as I was getting onto hwy 156, I see the same NSX on it already (he prob took another route to get onto the hwy). Not a second passes, and as I'm about to give him the thumbs up, I look over and he's already giving ME the thumbs up. I point to his car and give him the thumbs up as well, saying in my car "no, YOUR car is clean". He then proceeds to speed up and exits a few miles down the road.

Mr NSX owner, if you're on here, I just want to say thanks, and that your car put a huge grin on my face.

Anyone here have similar experiences with a car above the s2000's league, and the driver giving you props?

Just thought I'd share my experience today.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lotus exige owner, who is also part of the lotus club, gave me some few positive vibes about my car; besides boasting about his 911. understood how our cars handle from the factory, especially from the marina autox events he goes to. i told him i'll hopefully see him at autox one day
Old 04-15-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Mmmm, lotus exige. Another good one.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Got passed by a SUPER clean Porsche 914 on Saturday morning. Gave each other a honk and a thumbs up.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A 2005 Ferrari 360 Modena older white guy driving. Driving through the silver creek hills. Just trying to keep up with him and at the stop light he told me" I love your car, nobody ever wants to play with me in the hills." I was in just aww and said "thanks your car is amazing." He went left and that was the end of that.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Two months ago at the Westlake gas station, green NA1 whom I parked behind. I said to him "clean NSX, I wish I could own one." He then tells me...very clean AP2, I's rather have your S2000 than my NSX, not a good daily driver and NOT as fun as your S2000."

Also, polished chrome Skyline GT-R with an Arabic guy driving, followed me on 280 southbound around Sneathlane and gave me chase with thumbs up as I did the same. Makes me want to chrome my S2000 as well!!

Also, last year, very clean stock Formula Red NA1 with Caucasian in his mid 40's driving and son about 5 years old as passenger while cruising nortbound HW35 Skyline to Great Highway Ocean beach , we were side by side the whole time. Got a smile and thumbs up from both driver and passenger. The young kid stared and gazed at my car rolling the whole time with awe amazement like *drool* look daddy I want this Silverstone Metallic roadster!!! Best feeling ever when you are well respected and admired because of YOUR CAR.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I love the NSX!

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
Makes me want to chrome my S2000 as well!!
My vote is for you to go chrome-chrome, and Tkeyyyyyyyyy to go gold-chrome.

Can we set up a vote?

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
i told him i'll hopefully see him at autox one day
Old 04-16-2015, 05:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

OP: If you ask around at C&C events, many owners of other high end cars either own or have owned an s2000 along the way. It's not because one car is "higher end" than another but rather the fun driving experience. The s2000 has a fun level of ownership and makes it practical and economical at the same time.

I know quite a few m3 and NSX owners who also has an s2000 in their garage. On the IS-F forums, many IS-F owners also have a GTR, MKIV Supra, NSX or s2000 too.

The correlation is not by luck as car guys in general all share a love for fun cars.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the best memorable thumbs up for me was a few years back...

was driving down 101 saw a blue Honda Fit EV (they were still in prototype testing at the time) and caught up to take a closer look at it. And while i was staring at his car, he gave a smile and gave me a thumbs up for mine.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely the yellow NSX I tailed from La Honda to Alice's. I think I kept up pretty well and didn't go over the double yellow. Big smile and a thumbs-up from him in that beautiful clean machine.

Quick Reply: Thank you, NSX driver