California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Sunday, January 13th Pre-Laguna Thrashing err I mean Get Together!!!!

Old 01-03-2002, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of right now, if everyone attends that has confirmed and those that are on the fence make it as well we are at 45. The room will only accomodate 50 so we have 5 spots available. If you know of anyone that wants to come that has not posted please tell them to do so otherwise they may miss out on a lot of fun.

I have received a listing of appetizers and full course dinners. It is going to cost 30-35 per person. 10.00 of which will cover the room usage from 6:30-11:30. The office manager is getting together with the chef to see what we can get for 20-25 per person for full course dinner and also is going to recommend what appetizers if we choose to go that route. So, I have 3 things for you guys to decide on

1. Is $30.00 - $35.00 per person within everyone's budget?
2. Is your preference Appetizer buffet or Full Course Dinner?
3. Does 6:30 - 11:30 sound reasonable or do you want it for less or more time?

Please respond as soon as you can to these questions. Thanks everyone.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keith,

1. $30.00 - $35.00 per person is a little pricey, but if the food's good we're in!
2. We make dinner out of appetizers all the time; either one's fine. Please make sure there are some non-red meat options.
3. 6:30 - 11:30 sounds fine. Us old farts gotta get to bed early to make it to the track by 7:00am anyway.

Thanks for organizing all this! Looking forward to meeting the Bay Area folks!

Ted
Old 01-03-2002, 03:09 PM

Price sounds great. See you folks there.

Ron
Old 01-03-2002, 03:18 PM
pll

SilverSurfer,

I'm almost certain I will be there. The price is a little high. Worst case, I'll eat something before I go
Old 01-03-2002, 03:26 PM

hey zeus!

I thought it was just going to be appetizers, drinks and pool.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:28 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Since I'm paying for you and Peg too, that puts me right at a 100 bones, quite a bargain considering the thick a$$ steaks you treated me and Tina to
Old 01-03-2002, 03:46 PM

No problem with the price and will go with the consensus as far as appetizer or dinner.

My only concern with a dinner would be that a sit-down would have to be served at a specific time, which would have to be later (7-8) to accomodate us SoCal folks.

$35 is very reasonable for this sort of an arrangement in my experience.

cal
Old 01-03-2002, 03:57 PM

I'm game for whatever it ends up being
Old 01-03-2002, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If we do the Appetizer Buffet it is 50.00 per platter, shrimp platters are 80.00 per. Each platter has 50-60 pieces on it. Therefore we can save some money by just going with appetizers instead of the full course dinner.

Here are the list of appetizers;
Spanakopita (Blend of Ricotta cheese and spinach wrapped in Phyllo dough and baked golden brown)
Four Cheese Roasted Garlic Puff (Fresh roasted garlic, Italian Montasio, Feta, Ricottca, and Parmesean cheese wrapped in puff pastry)
Baked Brie (Baked Brie wrapped in Phyllo dough flavored with your choice of sun-dried tomato pesto, sweet basil pesto or plain served with fresh breads)
Mozzarella Bruchetta Sliced Mozzarella cheese and fresh Roma tomato topped with fresh basil and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, served on toasted sliced french bread)
Wild Chilies (Hot red jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese in spicy breading and deep fried to golden brown)
Fried Artichoke Hearts (Castroville artichokes, hand dipped in beer batter, fried to golden brown. Served with dipping sauce
Fire Roasted Artichokes (Castroville artichokes marinated, then charboiled)
Peel and Eat Shrimp ($80.00 per platter) Pacific shrimp cooked in ale with herbs and spices, then chilled. Served with cocktail sauce)
Prawns Pancetta ($80.00 per platter) (Grilled Pacific prawn wrapped in Pancetta bacon)
Wings of Fire (Buffalo wings tossed in Blue Fin spicy sauce)
Chicken Tenders (Strips of chicken breast hand dipped in buttermilk batter, then fried to golden brown)
Assorted Fresh Seasonal Vegetables Platter (Crisp locally grown vegetables, served with ranch dressing)
Assorted Fresh Seasonal Fruit Platter (A bounty of local and tropical fresh fruit in season)
Fresh Tortilla Chips and Salsa Fresca (Red, white and blue corn chips served with Blue Fin's own Salsa Fresca)

Here are the dinner choices:
20.95/per person
Apetizers
Fried Artichoke Hearts
Chicken Tenders
Salad
Blue Fin Salad
Main Course
Linguine Pomodoro
Parmesean Chicken
Side Dish
Garlic Bread

22.95/per person
Apetizers
Wild Chilies
Fresh Tortilla Chips and Salsa Fresca
Salad
Ceasar Salad
Main Course
Beef and Chicken Tacos
Chicken Enchiladas
Side Dish
Spanish Rice
Black Beans

25.95/per person
Apetizers
Wings O'Fire
Assorted Fresh Seasonal Vegetables
Salad
Caesar Salad
Main Course
Marsala Chicken
Fettucine Primavera
Side Dish
Rice Pilaf
Dinner Rolls

In addition to the cost of the food, it is 10.00 per person for the room usage for 5 hours (2.00 per hour).

I have told Blue Fin I would get back to them either tomorrow or Monday with our final decision.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:17 PM

Wow, that is some awesome dinner selection! I personally am drooling for dinner #1 (the $20.95 one). Put me down for that.

Quick Reply: Sunday, January 13th Pre-Laguna Thrashing err I mean Get Together!!!!