California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Sunday, January 13th Pre-Laguna Thrashing err I mean Get Together!!!!

Old 12-28-2001, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put RWD_RCKT and kster on the list for attendees... where ever we go. I just got my reservation for Embassy Suites for Sunday night.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RWD_RCKT
[B]Put RWD_RCKT and kster on the list for attendees... where ever we go.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver
[B]Ichikawa-
Old 12-29-2001, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by Ichikawa27

I'll keep my eyes open for you. I go to Monterey/PG/Carmel often. I'll honk at each silver I see, so if you get honked at by a female in a spa yellow thats me
COOL!!!!
Old 12-29-2001, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by Ichikawa27

BTY I should of mention this sooner, Embassy Suites is nice but it borders Seaside and for those of you thats not familiar with Seaside, it's a little ghetto. There is also no parking garage also. I do think they have a guard that patrolls at night, but be safe with your baby.

I will help out as much as possible. Sunday I can meet up with you guys, but as for Laguana I'm going to try to close up my office to go watch. I can give you directions to Baja Cantina and any other place if you need them. I think silver is right the Blue Fin is a laid back place and if any body wants to go to alvarado st. it's only just down the road. I like Alvarado because of the parking and the wide choices. If you don't like one place there is a handfull others to choice from You should see Alvarado St when the Monterey Historic races are at Lagauna, Soooo many wonderfull cars everywhere
Just to add to what Ichikawa is saying; Embassy Suites is in Seaside (not Monterey) but is close. It is just down the road from Laguna Seca too. As for really, "seeing" Monterey and the vicinity there are several places you want to go. First Alvarado St. would be good just to see the shops downtown. As well, Cannery Row, where BLUE FIN CAFE is located is touristy but have neat shops. I would also HIGHLY recommend driving down Sunset Road along the Pacific Grove (Asilomar) Penninsula. This is the most beautiful stretch of road in the area and you will really see why we live here. I would recommend driving this road in the day light since you'll want to get out of your car to see the views! You could keep going to 17 Mile Drive and for $8 a car drive along this very scenic route. Careful as you drive though since there are many bikers and deer along the way.

Again, try to explore these different areas so you can really see how beautiful it is. If you stay around Embassy Suites or Laguna Seca you're not going to see what the Penninsula has to offer. If anyone is interested in directions or more information I'm sure Ichikawa would be happy to assist, as well you can PM me anytime. I live right down the street from Fisherman's Wharf so I am familiar with all of these points of interest. Can't wait!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, I have contacted Blue Fin Cafe and Billiards. They have a nice room that will accommodate up to 50 people I believe, with 4 pool tables. If we have more than 20 people we will need to do a buffet style appetizer or full on dinner. Prices are not known at this time. I am waiting to hear from the office manager. I have tentatively reserved the room for Sunday, January 13. I need to know how many people are planning on attending and what price range for food. It looks like a very nice place. Here is the url to their site and a PIC of the room

http://www.bluefin-billiards.com/

I will be talking with the office manager tomorrow, she is on vacation today. I am anticipating at least 20 people and probably more like 30. What do you guys think?
Old 01-02-2002, 12:24 PM

Hey, Keith, thanks for putting that together. I will definitely be there. Great work!

What time do you expect the festivities will start? Don't know how long it's going to take our Texas/Arizona/San Diego/Team Irvine/Whatever caravan to wend its way up there.

Food price is not an issue.

cal
Old 01-02-2002, 12:26 PM

i'm there
Old 01-02-2002, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by calc
[B]Hey, Keith, thanks for putting that together. I will definitely be there. Great work!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There. Yes I said I wasn't going and, well, I'm not (not driving anyway). I have other business to do with Ry and Tom. I might take some video of you guys on the track.

Quick Reply: Sunday, January 13th Pre-Laguna Thrashing err I mean Get Together!!!!