California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Sunday, January 13th Pre-Laguna Thrashing err I mean Get Together!!!!

Old 12-28-2001, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is always Alvarado st. Downtown monterey. This street is where alot of clubs, bars and nice restaurants are. You can go to Mucky Duck this a pub that has danceing outside in the back or you can just kick it inside the pub. Another is Lallapalooza this is a restaurant/ martini bar, this place doesn't have good sitting though and it gets pretty packed but it's still fun. Next I have on the list is Doc's Rickets night club, here you have comedy night and a sushi bar. I live 20 min from monterey so when we wanna go out we usually go to the Blue Fin on Cannary Row or we just bar hop on alvarado st. Alvarado st. has everything within walking distance plus it has three parking garage's For people who didn't get their hotel rooms yet The Doubletree, and Marriot is right by Alvarado st. Hope this helps everyone. BTY there are alot more shops/restaurants/bars/clubs on Alvarado st. but if this is the place you choose you can see them when you get here or if you can't wait just ask and I can ramble off some more
Old 12-28-2001, 10:08 AM

I have another suggestion, maybe after laguana you all can get a bite at this resaurant called Baja Cantina. This place is located in Carmel Valley it themed in automoble memorabilia. This restaurant has alot of nice cars there often, and when road and track does a shoot in monterey this is the place they go to. My husband and I go there whenever we go for a drive. Plus to get to there from Laguana you go across Laureless Grade which is a fun and senic road to drive. I just thought I'll throw that out there also
Old 12-28-2001, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Ichikawa27
There is always Alvarado st. Downtown monterey. This street is where alot of clubs, bars and nice restaurants are. You can go to Mucky Duck this a pub that has danceing outside in the back or you can just kick it inside the pub. Another is Lallapalooza this is a restaurant/ martini bar, this place doesn't have good sitting though and it gets pretty packed but it's still fun. Next I have on the list is Doc's Rickets night club, here you have comedy night and a sushi bar. I live 20 min from monterey so when we wanna go out we usually go to the Blue Fin on Cannary Row or we just bar hop on alvarado st. Alvarado st. has everything within walking distance plus it has three parking garage's For people who didn't get their hotel rooms yet The Doubletree, and Marriot is right by Alvarado st. Hope this helps everyone. BTY there are alot more shops/restaurants/bars/clubs on Alvarado st. but if this is the place you choose you can see them when you get here or if you can't wait just ask and I can ramble off some more
I think I will nominate YOU as our official PRE and POST LAGUNA HOSPITALITY DIRECTOR. It sounds like you have alot of first hand knowledge of Monterey. What do the rest of you think? All in favor say S2K
Old 12-28-2001, 11:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SilverSurfer
[B]

I think I will nominate YOU as our official PRE and POST LAGUNA HOSPITALITY DIRECTOR.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:20 PM

Sounds good! As Ichikawa mentioned Blue Fin is cool and might be a good bet for us. The only down fall to going to Alvarado is that with a lot of people going there might be more room for people to be scattered. If you're interested in all hanging out together I would recommend Blue Fin Cafe. I haven't visited to other bars on Alvarado St. but I know Blue Fin is pretty laid back. Either way, all of these places are within minutes of each other so if someone doesn't like a particular place it won't take long to go somewhere else.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:22 PM

Ichikawa- I'll have to look out for you next time you are in my neighborhood!! Good to see that someone else lives close by! See you next year!
Old 12-28-2001, 01:58 PM

s2k!

And the Blue Fin does sound look a good bet.

cal
Old 12-28-2001, 02:08 PM

BTW, I am bringing my better half with me on Sunday evening..... and no I don't mean my S2K
Old 12-28-2001, 03:24 PM
Spammer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B]I was going to post something about this...
Old 12-28-2001, 05:10 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4IGS2000
[B]

Im sure a lot of SF S2K guys want to meet you or have dinner with you?

Quick Reply: Sunday, January 13th Pre-Laguna Thrashing err I mean Get Together!!!!